Chapter XXV

XXV

XXV. Wait for Me

284 A.C.

"From Prince Oberyn Martell, my queen."

Livia's eyes widened in shock, her heart pausing for a second before she said. "You may go."

The messenger left when he was dismissed and Livia looked to her ladies. "You are all dismissed for now."

"As you wish, my queen." 

Thisel gave her a questioning look to which Livia only shook her head. She was fine. At least, she was at that moment.

"Thank you."

When she was finally alone, she tore through the letter, desperate to read Oberyn's words.

°•°•°•°•°•°

My dear Livia,

           As much as I value every single word you send to me, it is not enough. I have written these words over and over for I do not know what to say or how to say them. You speak of freedom and the beauty of death but I have heard otherwise.

          Stories of Elia, our Elia, your dearest friend, and my sister, defiled and murdered. Her children butchered like animals and the command is said to come from Tywin Lannister. Your father. Your father is said to have done this and I do not know what to believe.

         I want to believe that all this is a lie yet everyone seems to know it as the truth. I thought to myself that maybe they are all wrong. With all of these uncertainties and unrest, I was angry. Doran is a weak fool, as usual. He will not act nor demand justice. I will get it.

        You know me as well as I know you. I would like to believe that. I would like to believe that you are still the same girl in Casterly Rock and the same selfless soul when we spoke in the kitchens late at night.

        I love you, Livia Lannister. I've always loved you. But I will not let my love for you cloud my judgment. If it was indeed your father who gave the order, I will make him pay for his sins. I know of his ruthlessness and effect on your life but your letter made me think of those words we spoke of. You may not be a selfish soul but I am and I will take you away from that den of lions no matter the cost.

      I may not be as good a poet as you are but I don't need colorful words to express what I wish to say. Even you, my dear, cannot stop me. I know you may want to protect your father and your family.

      But they have corrupted this realm and I promise I will not give up until I avenge Elia. Until I save you. Wait for me.