It Is What It Is Chapter 13

A/N This is gonna sound really weird but I enjoyed writing this chapter soso much!!! Thank you so much for reading :)

💚💙

Harry's POV

*******

"Not you AGAIN!" Louis groans. I run my hand through my hair, a nervous habit of mine.

 How am I gonna worm my way out of this one? I think to myself. I mean Louis could tell someone, and then everyone would be in danger. I could faintly hear the sirens going off in the distance. They seemed to be getting closer. I had to do something.

"Look Louis, I'm so, so sorry about this but I really need your help right now." I said desperately.

"What could you possibly want from me?" Louis asked incredulous.

"I'm being chased Louis, and I need you to help me find a place to hide" I beg.

"Only if you explain what the hell is happening right now!" Louis said folding his arms over his chest and scrunching up his nose in a challenging manner. Even though I was kind of in a hurry right now I had to admit he was cute when he was trying to intimidating.

"OK fine! I will Just please help me find somewhere to hide first!" I said with pleading eyes.

"Promise?" Louis asked looking at me with those beautiful light blue eyes. I looked him dead in the eye trying to show my sincerity in my stare.

"I promise Lou" I said, my whisper barely audible.

He nodded before he grabbed my hand and we walked around the back of his house. He opens the door and leads us inside. His house was spacious and organised. Not one single thing seemed to be out of place. Louis slips off his cute little red vans and leaves them at the door. I followed his actions. Slipping off my old and worn Chelsea boots and leaving them by the door.

"We're going to have to share a bed, unless you want to sleep on the floor" Louis said breaking the silence. I looked up at him before nodding "Yeah that's fine, thanks for this Louis, I know we're practically strangers" I said sincerely. 

He nods before unzipping his jacket. I see him wincing as he tries to slide his left shoulder out of the sleeve, "Louis are you OK? Are you hurt? Did I do that?" I say frantically trying to figure out what could be wrong. "It's fine Harry, you didn't do anything" Louis says, not making eye contact with me.

 He's lying.

 I walk up to him so our faces are only centimeters apart. I look him straight in the eyes before saying "I don't like it when people lie to me Louis" in a low voice.

I see him visibly shrink down, like he's afraid I will hurt him. I instantly soften my expression "I'm not going to hurt you Louis, I would never" he looks at me surprised but still doesn't utter a word. "What's wrong?" I said determined.

"When you lay on top of me, my shoulder slammed into the ground" Louis whispered. I could feel his light minty breath tickle my face. "I'm sorry Louis, let me see it" I said. 

I was so angry at myself! Why did I always hurt everyone around me?

I looked Louis in the eyes, looking for approval before I slowly unbuttoning his shirt and sliding it off his warm body. His shoulder was slightly bruised. I lightly ran my fingers over it, Louis skin erupting in goose-bumps.

"Do you have an ice-pack?" I ask looking up to see Louis staring at me intently.

"Yes, in the top drawer of the freezer" I went over and found it with ease before I walked back over to Louis. I placed it over the bruise but he swatted me away,

"Too cold" he whimpered. Under normal circumstances, I would probably have told the bruised person to grow the hell up and stop being a baby, but this was Louis not anyone else. I took off my t-shirt before wrapping it around the ice pack hoping it would take the sharpness off the cold. I could feel Louis eyes boring into my skin as I gently placed the ice on Louis' bruised shoulder.

"You've got a lot of tattoos" Louis stated. "Yeah, got my first one at 15 then I just kind of got into it" I said trying my best to concentrate on Louis' face and not his chest. 

After a few more minutes Louis and I got up and headed to his room. His room was small enough, it was light blue and didn't have much furniture. There were a few piles of clothes on the floor, but overall it was actually quite neat.

Louis stripped to his cute blue panties that were the same shade of blue as his eyes, they were see-through, and a g-string at the back but he didn't seem to care, and hell I wasn't complaining!

I took off my trousers leaving me in my tight black Calvin Klein boxer shorts. I switched off the light and we both wordlessly climbed into Louis' single bed, at first trying to stay on our own side but eventually giving up and tangling our limbs together. 

We fit like puzzle pieces and I felt my heart flutter when he placed a small hand on my bare chest. What the hell was happening? This was me, Harry Styles. I didn't have feelings. I didn't allow myself to. Louis was too innocent and delicate to be involved with me. He would never like me anyway.

"Harry" a small voice broke me from my thoughts. "Yes Lou?" I whisper, we had no reason to be quiet but it felt like talking out loud would break the bubble of calmness surrounding us.

"I want to get to know you better, I mean if you want to" he said and I totally didn't feel like fist pumping the air

"Yes of course Lou, I would love to get to know you better" I was grinning into the darkness.

"Oh and don't forget, you owe me an explanation tomorrow mister!" Louis said sassily. I laughed nervously before snuggling further into Louis. His soft breathing soon evened out and I finally allowed myself to think.

What was I going to do? I couldn't lie. Not to Louis. I wanted to be a good friend to him. Would he even want to be my friend after he knew the real me? Most people who say they want to get to know me usually try to 'turn the bad boy good' so they can look cool. But they don't know me. Nobody truly knows me. No one who is alive at least.

My last thought before I drift into a mindless sleep is "Can I really trust you Louis?"