C h a p t e r T w e n t y F o u r

Sting's POV

I didn't sleep all night. I couldn't. I needed to find Y/n. I'm going insane.

I went to the small mirror in the room and looked at it. Wow. I look like a mess. My hair was messy, my eyes were puffy and I looked really pale. I used my fingers to brush out my hair and then I walked downstairs to where Makarov and Mavis were.

"Oh my, did you not get any rest?" Mavis gasped at me.

"Please tell me you have a plan," I looked up at her tiredly before clenching my eyes shut, "I just really want her back."

Rogue trotted down the stairs. He didn't look any better than me to be honest.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you both, but we are still working on it..." Mavis apologised. I almost flipped out, but I contained it. My emotional outbursts won't speed up the situation at all and I just want to find her as soon as we can.

"It's okay," I sighed.

We let Makarov and Mavis brainstorm in the office whilst Rogue and I sat in the hall.

"You know, Mavis and Master Makarov will find a way to get her back," Mirajane reassured me. I was sat at the bar whilst Rogue was talking to Gajeel.

"I hope so," I frowned.

"Do you want a drink?" Mirajane asked, "Free of charge."

"Thanks, but it's okay. It won't put me in the right state of mind. I need to be ready to act just in case they find something," I shook my head.

I ended up falling asleep with my head on the counter, still sitting on the barstool. My back ached when I woke up from the position I fell asleep in.

"You're awake," I heard Laxus say. He was sat on the barstool next to me, "I almost thought you were dead."

"Hey Laxus," I sighed.

"I heard about your situation from the old man," He spoke as he took a gulp of beer, "Judging by what he's told me, I think they'll have a plan pretty soon."

"That's good," I gave him a weak smile.

"Yeah. Makarov says that they would've already had a plan if Mavis didn't keep changing it," Laxus said.

"Why does she keep changing it?" I asked.

"Apparently that Dhutia guy is really putting her on edge. She is traumatised and says that if one thing goes wrong, you guys could all get killed," Laxus explained.

"I just can't wait for us to have a plan so I can beat the hell out of him," I groaned, "I'll tear him apart."

"I have no doubt that you will," Laxus nodded, "Just try not to do anything stupid in the process and get yourself killed by accident."

"Hah," I scoffed, "I won't. I'll just show him that he messed with the wrong dragon slayer."

Y/n's POV

It's been days now...or weeks? Probably days. I can't tell. It felt like weeks.

I'm assuming we were underground since there were no windows. I couldn't see whether the sun was up or the moon was up.

Minerva had been moved from the column next to me into the dungeons. I put up quite a fight, but I was at a very large disadvantage considering I'm literally a prisoner here. Dhutia responded to my verbal attacks by just pressing a button which is when I felt a lot of pain.

How has no one found us yet? Dhutia said that Minerva will have around a week before she's dead with the condition she's in. That's only seven days. If no one finds us before seven days, Minerva will be gone.

If I didn't skip gym day so much, maybe I could break through this anti-magic column. If I wasn't so lazy and always just ran and goofed off, maybe I could actually have a chance of getting out. Damn it.

"I don't think your little boyfriend is coming to save you," Dhutia laughed.

"Have you even been in a relationship before?" I raised my eyebrow, looking him up and down. I was so sick and tired of him constantly mocking me whilst pressing his stupid little buttons on that controller that can, and has been, hurting me.

"No...I have not," Dhutia responded.

"Thought so," I scoffed.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Dhutia turned towards me and spoke with a very defensive tone.

I took a deep inhale.

"YOU'RE FREAKING BARE FOOT!!! AND BY THE LOOKS OF IT, YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF SHOES BEFORE!" I shouted, "YOUR APPEARANCE MAKES MY EYES BLEED!"

"GODS DON'T WEAR SHOES!" He shouted back.

"YEAH, MAYBE LIKE A MILLION YEARS AGO!!! TIMES HAVE CHANGED!" I groaned, "No wonder why you've never been in a relationship before."

"How dare you insult my style!" Dhutia gasped.

"YOUR STYLE IS PATHETIC! How many rocks have you stood on with bare feet?!" I raised my eyebrow.

"THAT IS NONE OF YOUR CONCERN!" He yelled, walking to the other side of the room to retrieve something. I watched him because the column was in the middle of the room so I could see all my surroundings.

He was walking and then hit the table with his toe. He just stubbed his toe. I looked at him in disbelief as he howled in pain and jumped back. Then he stepped on a test tube lying on the floor, crushing it into glass and standing on it.

Karma. Hah. He deserved that.

"OW!!!" Dhutia cried, screeching from the pain.

"THAT'S WHY YOU WEAR SHOES, IDIOT!" I yelled at him.

"SHUT UP Y/N!" He yelled back.

Sting's POV

We were told to get some rest again and wait until tomorrow. When tomorrow came, both Rogue and I sprinted out of our rooms to Master Makarov's office.

"SO?!" Rogue exclaimed, his hands slamming on the office table, "Do you have a plan?!"

"Take this first. You won't be able to see Mavis because the drink will have worn off," Makarov spoke, giving us both a tablet, "Taking the tablet will allow you to see her for a week."

"Okay great!" Rogue continued, "So do you have a plan?!"

"Yes, we do!" Mavis smiled. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

"So what's the plan?" I asked.

"Oh, we need to see someone first. They'll be able to help us a lot," Mavis explained.

"Who do we need to see?" Rogue listened intently, eager to finally find Minerva.

"Zeref."