Chapter Fourteen Part Two

"Princess, come here!" Phoenix shouted.

As she turned her head towards him, he was waving his arms signalling her to come closer. Maybe they were going to go to Lost Meadow now. She hadn't heard much about the city, except for when Phoenix startled her at the castle. It didn't sound so great then, but she's always loved Goldenfordge, maybe it would be different.

"What is it?"

He wiped some of the sand away, kicking his feet in the water, then put his hands into his pockets. "I just wanted you over here for when we leave. It'll be soon."

A smile stretched across her lips for only a moment before it fell into a line. "Well, since you wanted me over here, and I'm allowed to actually talk to you, I should be able to ask one more question right?"

Phoenix sighed, pulling one of his hands out of his pockets and letting it lay by his side. "This is the last question, sweetheart. Make it count."

"Alright. So, how did you and my father know each other?"

Phoenix stared out at the ocean. Silence came between the two of them once again. A few big waves splashed against the shore as the wind picked up.

Why wasn't he answering her question? Winter didn't want to push him, but it was clear that whatever the answer was, he wasn't ready to spill. She was determined to find out sooner or later.

"It's time," Phoenix spoke, his eyes landing on hers.

"Time? Time for what? You didn't even answer me."

He sighed, lifting his arms up a bit. "I never said I would answer you, did I? Now, let's go. My magic has replenished and I'm ready to get out of here."

She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow. "I'm not leaving until you tell me the answer to my question."

Taking a couple steps forward, Phoenix stretched his arm out and grabbed Winter by her left elbow. "I've had enough of you. Don't think I can't hurt you because I could if I really wanted to. Now, you're going to hold on to me while we teleport or we're going to have a problem."

"O-okay," she stuttered. The question was still on the tip of her tongue, but she knew better than to ask it now. She would get that answer eventually. Learning about the curse and how it was all connected between her and her father was an important thing, after all.

Phoenix smiled wide, closing his eyes. "Good, hold on tight. We're about to leave."

Winter's gaze moved to the left as he raised his other arm and snapped his fingers. Her feet were no longer on the ground after just a few seconds. The two of them were flying again.

After getting in between the ground and the sky, Phoenix snapped his fingers once more.

Before she knew it, they were surrounded in darkness. Being in the middle of teleportation was a bit scary to her as she had only done it twice now and there was always a chance of being pulled away if she wasn't holding on tight enough. Her grip on Phoenix's hand grew stronger just as they were taken from the sky.

"We made it," Phoenix spoke, letting go of Winter's hand.

Her arms fell to her side, then the sound of a roaring engine flew above her. When she glanced up, the sun was immediately in her face. She squinted her eyes. "What was that?"

"Oh, that?" Phoenix pointed at the dot in the sky that kept going further away. "That's a flying car."

A flying car? What kind of city was this? She had never seen one before. Wanting to see more of where they landed, she took a few steps forward, her feet tapping against the road, a clinking sound appearing with every movement. Her eyes followed where the noise was coming from, only to see her reflection underneath her.

Winter gasped. She was standing on a mirror.

 She was standing on a mirror