35. Father figure

Hopper decided to drop Jamie at school after court so that she could serve her detentions and also to avoid Principal Newman's shit. He sat at the kitchen table with Joyce who just came from the backyard after letting Sammy go potty.

"El still sleepin'?", he asked as he slid his chair back and patted his lap.

"Yep", Joyce replied as she accepted his invite and took a seat upon his lap.

Hopper ran a hand across her lower back and another hand up her bare thigh. Joyce wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned in as they kissed.

"Mmm", Hopper groaned as he pulled away for a quick second. "Either you're still cold from outside or it looks like you're just excited to see me?", he said as he looked at her hard nipples that poked through her shirt while gently grasping her breast.

"I don't know", she whispered in his ear. "But it feels like you're excited to see me", she replied before gently biting his ear lobe.

Hopper grit his teeth as Joyce let out a deep exhale when he ran his fingers through the back of her hair. He gently scratched her skull as she let her head fall forward. Hopper moved her hair giving himself full and open access to kiss and bite her neck.

"Fuck, baby", Joyce whimpered as she squeezed her eyes shut and appeared to be in pain while clenching his arm.

Hopper pulled back and looked at Joyce's face. His eyebrows dropped as he saw she was in fact in pain.

"I'm sorry, was that too rough?", he asked as he took a look at her neck to see if there were any teeth marks.

Joyce hands moved to her belly as she held it ever so gently.

"It hurts", she whispered as she exhaled through her pursed lips and dug her nails into her knee.

Hopper jumped up and grabbed her so she didn't lose her balance.

"Babe, what's wrong?! Is the baby coming?!", he asked in a panic.

Joyce stood there leaning over the back of the chair and slowly stood upright as her pain slowly subsided. Her face started to relax as she opened her eyes and looked at her worried fiance. Hopper stood there holding his breath in anticipation.

"It was just gas", Joyce replied as she attempted to hold back laughter.

Hopper sighed in relief and chuckled as he brought her in for a hug and kissed the top of her head. Joyce welcomed his embrace and wrapped an arm around him. He would've stayed that way longer if his phone hadn't buzzed on the kitchen table.

Hopper grabbed his phone and saw that he had a text from Will. As he read the text message, he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Hmm. They had a half day or something?", he asked Joyce as he read the text.

"Im not sure? Why, what did he say?"

"He asked me to pick him up.... Oh, says he's not feeling well", Hopper added as another text came in.

"Probably a cold, Dustin and Lucas have one too", she said looking at the clock. "Schools out in an hour anyways so I'll get some soup started so it'll be ready when you boys come back", she replied as she opened the fridge and started taking out ingredients.