42. Gender Reveal Pt 2

"Okay, okay, shhh everyone!", Dustin said loudly to the crowded living room.

Between the gang of kids, Jonathan, and Owens, everyone crowded around Hopper and Joyce who stood behind a big box covered in pink and blue paper.

"So, we just open the box and whatever color balloon comes out is whatever the gender is right?", Hopper asked.

"Yes, but first you both have to say your guesses and then read this outloud", Jamie replied before handing him a card with a toothy grin.

"Okay", Joyce said, taking the card and holding it in her hands. "Well, I think it's a girl. I hope it's a girl."

"And I think it's a boy. Oh, if I could just get a boy", Hopper said jokingly while shaking his fists to the Gods causing everyone to burst out into laughter at his faint desperateness.

"I think it's a boy!", Will shouted from the back of the crowd.

"Yeah, I think it might be a boy because I heard that it'll be the opposite of what the mom wants", Lucas said earning raised eyebrows and laughter from the few surrounding him.

"Alright, alright. Settle down everyone", Hopper said as he took the card out of the envelope and gave it to Joyce. Joyce cleared her throat in the now silent living room before reading aloud.

"Two heads are better than one... what?", she said in confusion as she turned to Hopper.

Jonathan and Jamie sat there smiling as it took everyone else a few seconds. Joyce got it first as she gasped and rushed to open the box. Hopper tilted his head in confusion at Owens and watched as a pink and blue balloon emerged from the box.

"TWINS!!!", everyone shouted and in surprise and excitement.

"I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!!!", El shouted as she jumped up and down while her arm was still wrapped around Max's neck.

Max laughed and pushed her off allowing El to release all of her energy by running in circles around the room. Joyce nearly jumped into Hopper's arms who was caught off guard.

"Twins?!", he mouthed, directing his comment towards Owens. At least he could've been given a heads up before spending $35,000 on the surprise.

Owens raised a shoulder and smirked.

"Just found out chief", he laughed.

Amongst the confetti and balloon throwing chaos, Hopper stared off into the distance.

"We're definitely gonna need a bigger house", he mumbled as El and Jamie ran into him and Joyce respectively.

Hopper grunted at the impact, and then wrapped his arms around them.

"You son of a bitch", he said jokingly as Owens made his way over.

"No, I just had to take a second look. Glad I did, better to find out now than later", Owens responded as he set his hand on Hopper's shoulder.

Hopper's attention was taken away as Joyce pulled him down for a kiss. Jamie and El instinctively let go of their parents and gave them room to move in closer towards each other.

"I have a surprise for you", he whispered into her ear amongst all the noise.

"This isn't the surprise?", she responded with a chuckle.

"It is, for both of us actually because I had no idea. But, I do have a special surprise just for you, the kids, and my wittle babies", he said with his best baby talk as he kneeled down and talked to Joyce's belly.