seventeen: sorry for being a prick

Billie

'Hey girl!' Maddie said as she opened the door to her house. I had a bag on one arm and a pillow under the other.

'Hey!' I hugged her before walking into her house.

Maddie and I were taking advantage of the school break and had decided to have a sleepover. Our sleepovers usually consisted of watching movies, eating food and gossiping. I doubted it would be any different tonight.

I said hello to Madison's parents in the living room before heading upstairs. I dumped my stuff on Maddie's bed and then jumped onto it myself.

'So...' Maddie laid on the bed next to me. She was on her front, her head was propped up on her hand and her feet were swinging behind her. She wiggled her eyebrows at me so I gave her a confused look, pretending I didn't know what she was thinking.

'So?' I copied.

'Tell me everything!' She squealed, clapping her hands together.

'About what?' I was still acting clueless. I felt awkward talking about my feelings, especially these feelings.

'About Grayson of course!' She playfully slapped my arm.

I groaned and rolled over onto my front. I buried my face in my pillow and tried to block her out. But I couldn't. She was poking me in the ribs and I knew she wasn't going to stop.

'Spill.' She said as I looked up at her.

'Fine!' I rolled back onto my back and let out a huge sigh. 'Obviously we spoke in the kitchen. We had tequila shots. That's why my head was so bad in the morning.' She rolled onto her back and kicked her legs in the air in celebration. I shoved her arm to make her stop before carrying on. 'And then you all came in and we were just chatting. Then he had to save you from smashing your head on the table.'

'Oh god.' She covered her face. 'I was awful wasn't I?'

'You weren't that bad!' I reassured her. 'You didn't kiss Ben did you? That's an achievement for you.' 

'I really like him, so I didn't want to just make out with him while I was absolutely hammered. I thought I'd wait for a better time.' She explained.

'I'm proud of you.' I said sarcastically. She slapped my arm again.

'Anyway! Back to you.' She returned the subject to Grayson.

'Well, I didn't really remember much after the tequila shots.' I admitted. 'But it has started to come back to me in bits. And I remember when you all went back out to the garden, I jumped off the counter and I stumbled a little. He grabbed me to stop me from falling and then we were just standing quite close to each other.' I looked at Maddie, her eyes were full of excitement. 'Nothing happened, but he did say something that was quite sweet.'

'What was it?' She squealed. I cringed at the thought of sharing the lovey-dovey details with her. But I guess she was my best friend and that's what best friends do. 

'He said he likes my eyes.' I forced out. It wasn't really natural for me to express my emotions, so I was finding this quite difficult to share. 'And then I said it back. And then we came outside and that was it until the morning.' 

'That's so cute!' She was clapping her hands together now. 'I don't blame you for liking him. He is hot. And you're right, he does have nice eyes.' I blushed slightly. 

She was right. Grayson was hot, which is why I felt a little uncomfortable about the whole situation. He was way out of my league. 

'I don't think he really looks at me in that way though.' I said, trying not to let my sadness show.