thirty one: G for Grayson

Billie

I watched as Grayson pulled a small box and a card out of his pocket and handed it to me. I immediately opened the card.

I was a sucker for gifts. I loved everything about Christmas. I loved shopping for presents, I loved receiving presents and everything in between.

Once I had ripped opened the envelope and pulled out the card. It had a picture of a couple under some mistletoe. A nice romantic gesture. I smiled down at the card before opening it to see inside.

'My hand writing is shit compared to yours.' Grayson said quietly. He rubbed his neck, embarrassed. 

'Shh!' I shushed him. He was acting all nervous but I didn't want him to feel under any pressure to impress me or anything.

Inside, the card read:

Dear Billie,

Merry Christmas & a happy new year.

I'm not good with words but you should know that you mean so much to me. I hope this is our first of many Christmases together.

From, Gray xo

'Sorry there's not as much in there as yours. It's just-' He started. But I cut him off by smashing my lips against his. I wanted him to know that it was the thought that counts. I didn't care about the number of words that he put in the card. I knew what he was trying to say. Neither of us were very good at explaining.

'Stop talking.' I told him. I knew that if he kept talking, he'd be talking about how 'bad' his card was, or that his hand writing wasn't good enough. But I loved it all. He grinned at me, showing that he got the message.

After reading the card, I placed it on the bed next to Grayson. I was now kneeling between his legs as he sat on the bed. He placed his hands on my waist and we both looked down at the box as I opened it.

Inside was a gorgeous silver necklace. It shone against my bedroom lights. At the end of the silver chain was a little charm. When I looked closer I saw that it said the letter 'G'. G for Grayson. I felt like I was in a movie, High School Musical to be exact. The G was studded with little crystals that seemed to sparkle on their own. I gasped when I saw it.

'Gray... this is too much.' I said. I couldn't imagine how much this must have cost him.

'No it's not.' He said, removing his hands from my waist and reaching down to pick up the necklace out of the box. 'Turn around.' He instructed. I did as I was told.

Even though I felt bad that he spent so much money on me, I was absolutely in love with the necklace. It was perfect.

I lifted my hair out of the way of my neck as Grayson placed it around my neck and attached the clasp. I turned back to face him, holding the G in one hand.

'I love it.' I said.

Then he reached up to his own neck and pulled a necklace of his own out from underneath his t-shirt. It was a silver chain, and on the end of it was a sterling silver charm with the letter 'B'. His necklace was like a man's version of mine.

I couldn't contain my happiness. I leaped onto him, wrapping me arms around his neck. The impact caused him to fall back onto the bed so that I was lying on top of him.

'Now my presents really look shit.' I said. He kissed me before rolling me onto the bed next to him and jumping up.

'Nope.' He said. 'They're amazing.' He ripped off his jacket and grabbed the hoodie from the bed, pulling it over his head. Then he pulled his jeans up, grabbed the rugby socks and pulled them onto his feet. I couldn't help but laugh. The socks looked ridiculous with his jeans but somehow he pulled it off.

'Look, I should get going, it's almost midnight and we don't want to be awake when Santa comes now do we?' He teased. 

'No we don't.' I said, climbing of the bed to stand in front of him.

I swung my arms around his waist and looked up at him. He wrapped his arms around my body.

'Merry Christmas baby.' He whispered to me.

'Merry Christmas Gray.' I whispered back. He craned his head down and I reached mine up so that our lips could meet.

We stood there kissing for a bit, and when he finally pulled away, I pulled him in for more. Eventually he broke the kiss and stepped away.

'I really should go.' He said, laughing. 'You need some sleep.'

'So do you.' I told him.

'Nah, I won't be able to sleep.' He said, turning to the bedroom door and grabbing the handle.

'What? Why?' I asked, suddenly slightly worried about him.

'Because I literally can't stop thinking about you.' He winked at me before slipping out of the room and heading down stairs. I bit my lip, trying to stop the cringey grinning on my face.

I heard Grayson telling my parents that he was leaving before the sound of the front door opening and shutting knocked me out of my daze. I ran to my bedroom window which faced the street and opened the curtains just enough to see Grayson getting into his car.

He turned his head to look up at my window, smiled and then climbed into his car. And then he was gone.

God, I love that boy.