That's That, He's Definitely Gone

So, from this point on, Y/K/N stands for Your Kid's Name. Yup, that's one of the secrets.

Once we got in my apartment, I asked Scott to plug in my phone while I took a shower. It had died after we got in the Uber. He gave me another hug and took my phone from me.  There was no way I could say much more yet, still catching my breath from crying.  I had started that breath skipping a person does after a hard sob.  I went straight to my master bath and started the shower, staying in there for about 30 minutes.  Now that I think about it, I don't think I even used soap or shampoo, just stood there, letting the water cascade down from my head.  My eyes were starting to swell from the crying. 

Before stepping out of my bathroom, I had towel dried my hair, brushed it and thrown on my pajamas.  Scott was sitting on the end of my bed waiting for me. I questioned him. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong with anyone physically. Chris has been texting and calling you back to back. Like a lot. As soon as your phone cut back on after I plugged it in, it spazzed out with all the notifications so I texted him from my phone to tell him you were in the shower. I didn't read the texts, just saw his name pop up in your home screen and then it kept going.  You can read the texts but he really wants to stop by."

"Okay, he can, that's fine. Are you getting in the shower?"

"I think I will, but don't act like you're fine all of a sudden Trouble.  That was massive, I don't think you guys need to be left alone if Chris does stop by so I will be quick, just wash the muck from the night off.  It's just...". Standing up, Scott took the few steps to reach me, wrapping his arms around me. I tucked myself into his chest and he bent down, kissing my head, then resting his cheek on top of it while he spoke. "...sweetie, I really think the two of you need to have a talk. My worries about the two of you combusting came to light tonight, thinking it may come to this eventually."

Pushing back a small amount so I could see up into Scott's face I questioned him. "What are you talking about?"

"Let's be honest sweetie, you talk to him a lot more than me, don't you?"

Nodding I tried to defend my actions. "Yes, but there is a time difference with you and I that..."

Scott interrupted my reasoning. "I'm not mad and I'm not accusing anyone of anything or of being right or wrong. I'm glad you have each other while I'm literally on the opposite side of the country from you both. Quality over quantity, right? And if you can have quality while you also get to have quantity like you and Chris, that makes you even luckier. He's my brother and you are one of my best friends and seeing you two yelling at each other when I first opened the door to come outside tonight, well it broke my heart. There is something gnawing at the two of you when you are physically face to face and it needs to be talked over. I know you don't fight over the phone like this."

I shook my head confirming that we don't fight over the phone. "We have never talked to each other like we did tonight... he has no reason to be jealous Scotty.  I'm not his girlfriend.  I was only being nice to Adam and honestly, as soon as Chris got there, I forgot Adam actually was there some of the time.  I have never flirted with him."

Waving his hands in a fluid movement he tried to make a point.  "Exactly, you mean flirting like you and my brother do anytime you are talking?"  There was a smirk on Scott's face.

"I do not flirt with your brother."

"If you say so.  You are in a little bit of denial, if I'm being honest.  Both of you are.  I have to say though, the two of you have a unique friendship."

"Scotty please.  We've been over this before.  I learned tonight that I do need to step back a little.  Maybe I have gotten, ...too comfortable with Chris and I will admit, I let my feelings get further than I wanted.  Chris actually heard that from me tonight, I told him I missed him more than I should and...... Well, after tonight, realizing how I have started to feel, ...I will be re-evaluating things and making adjustments. It's different with you..."