Chapter 2

You wasn't expecting Narancia would be such a great company. You and him walked to your house, while talking about basic stuff. You learned that he hadn't been in school for a while and that Panacotta Fugo was teaching him the basics. However, the boy wasn't doing very good.

"At least you are trying your best, right?", you ask, trying to light up the mood.

"Well... Yeah, but Fugo don't stop hitting me with a fork! He's such a pain, at times!", he sign, "Enough of me. How are you doing in school?"

You blushed a little because many people never wanted to know more about you. At least, everyone aside from Francesca and a few other people.

"I'm doing good. I'm seventeen, so I'm almost finished.", you couldn't help but smile. You were finally going to art school, after all.

"Oh! You have the same age as me!"

You never guessed that Narancia would be this young like you. At school, girls would always give him more than eighteen. You were the only person who knew his true age.

"So, what do you like to do in your free time?", he broke the silence.

"Mostly drawing. But I like listening to music too. It's relaxing. Oh! And reading too! I love reading!"

You couldn't tell but Narancia was blushing a little and his heart skipped a beat. However, he tried to ignore it as much as he could. Nevertheless the boy found himself thinking about how cute you looked. You seemed so happy.

"What about you, Narancia?"

He wasn't listening, trying to calm his heart.

"What was the question again?", he asked, smilling while rubbing the back of his head, "Sorry, I spaced out a bit."

"I asked what did you like to do?"

"Oh... I don't have much time to spare because you know... Mafia things. But I like to listen to music too. And dance too."

"That's good.", you smiled.

"Yeah."

You arrived to a yellow house with two floors, at a street with dozens of identical houses. At seven p.m., there were still some people outside. The sun was setting, after all. It wasn't dark yet.

"We're here.", you tell him, "Thank you for bringing me home."

"Don't worry. It was quite fun, actually."

"Y-Yeah.", you agreed.

"I'm sure we'll see each other again. Bye, (Y/N).", the boy smiled.

You felt your cheeks hot. Narancia waved at you and begun walking away. You watched him go but then remembered something.

"Narancia!", you called.

He looked back.

"What is it?"

"Hum... Thanks for helping me back at the alley."

"Glad too help."

And then you parted ways.