Chapter 14

Your POV

It has been to weeks since you met Narancia. Francesca kept bugging you, saying that you were in love with him. You denied that until you could. But, yesterday, you couldn't meet up with him because he was in a mission and you started missing him. All day, you thought about him and prayed for him to return safetly. That was when you understood your feelings for him. Narancia was in the mafia, he was a gangster. You knew that your father would beat him to death if you two even started dating. However, that would never happen. You thought Narancia didn't like you in that way. It was impossible. You were a shy girl that wasn't even pretty.  How could a guy like him love you?! He was handsome, had a funny personality and was so cute!

Today, he sent you a message.

Narancia: I returned! Want to meet up today? I have something to tell you.

You: Sure. Are you alright? You're not hurt, are you?

Narancia: What do you consider being hurt? 

You: I'm worried now! What happened?

Narancia: Don't worry. I'll pick you up today.

You couldn't relax at all because of what he said. You didn't pay attention to classes and when your teachers asked you questions, you weren't listening, so just said a random thing. Of course you were the center of laughs today. All of your classmates laughed at your answers. You didn't care at all. You couldn't shake the thought of Narancia being hurt.

Francesca tried to make you less worried but it only made you tremble. You didn't want to cry. He was so important to you. You couldn't lose him! You just couldn't.

So, when classes ended, you were the first to get out of the classroom and ran to the front gate. You almost slipped at the stairs but managed not to. Narancia was at the bottom of the stairs, waving at you while, leaning against a wall. You were out of breath.

"What happened?!", you almost screamed, "Are you alright?! I swear, if you send me another one of those messages and don't answer me properly, I'll kill you myself!", you were at the verge of tears.

Narancia was shocked looking at you.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to make you worry..."

"I don't care! I won't talk to you ever again if you scare me another time!"

You were trembling out of rage. Then you saw the bandages around his neck. Some tears felt out of your eyes. Narancia didn't know what to do.

"(Y/N)..., I'm so sorry. I didn't know you'd be this worried!", he panicked. 

Then, he hugged you. You hugged him back as hard as you could while crying on his jacket. He patted your hair and played a little bit with it. The boy continued to apologize over and over again until you calmed down. You could hear his heartbeat.

"I just have a few scratchs and...", you backed away from him while he talked. You cleaned your tears with the other, "Please don't freak out.", he asked, "I was almost shot in the shoulder."

"Oh my God... Are you alright?", your voice was so thin.

"Better now that I'm with you. Can we go now?"

"Y-Yeah.", you said, grabbing one of his hands. For your surprise, he didn't let go of it all the way back to his mansion.