Chapter 33

You weren't happy about returning to school. You were used to sleep until 10 a.m. by now! You didn't want to wake up at 7 a.m. However, that day, when you arrived to school, everyone was looking at you. You were really unconfortable with all the eyes on you and you found it really strange. What was going on? 

You started to panick when you heard your classmates stop talking when you entered your classroom. You went to your sit very quietly but the eyes on you wouldn't stop. Some of the girls started whispering something while looking at you. Your heart was almost exploding. Why were they whispering about you?!

When the bell rang, Francesca ran to her sit by your side at the same time that the teacher entered the room.

"Just in time!", she whispered to you.

You didn't respond. You were feeling so down and so sad. Even the teacher gave you the same look as the others.

"Hey, are you alright?"

"Y-Yeah. I'm fine. Don't worry."

***

At lunch, you got your lunch and went to eat on your table alone, waiting for Francesca, who was nowhere to be found. Then, you heard a laugh coming from one of the tables where the popular people sat. Marica and Amalia were looking at you while the rest of the girls laughed. You didn't get it. You were always bullied when you were little because you were always alone. But now it was kinda ridiculous because you had done nothing to stand out.

Then, you saw Francesca coming to your table with her food and sat down in front of you. Your friend seemed very worried about something. You decided to forgot about the others' stares and focused on Francesca:

"What took you so long?", you asked her, "Is everything alright?"

"(Y/N), everyone knows!", she whispered.

"About what?", you weren't getting it.

"About you and Narancia, of course!"

Your heart stopped and panick invaded you. You puzzled eveything and were at the verge of tears after a few seconds:

"W-What?!"

"There's a photo of him kissing you going around the school!"

"That isn't possible! I never kissed him outside!", you defended, feeling your heartbeat increase.

"I've seen the photo myself. I saw Frederico pull out the phone and showing it to the boys in our class. Where could someone taken the picture?!"

"I-I don't know! We were so careful! This isn't happening...", you hid your face with your hands, "This isn't happening... This isn't happening...", you repeated.

"I am almost sure it was Marica who took the photo! I'm not fully sure but... Who else could it be, seriously? She's a complete idiot! She is even spreading the rumors that you are sleeping with the entire gang for money! It's crazy!"

"What should I do?! Even the teachers are looking at me with disgust!"

""Maybe talk with him... After all, he's in a gang..."

"No, not a chance! It would make it worst..."

"I don't know... We'll think about something! We only have two more classes and today's over. I won't leave your side. Promise."

"T-Thank you, Francesca..."

You thought that it would get better but it only got worst! Everyone was gossiping about you. Francesca made her best to get you distracted tho. However, it wasn't very helful...

When the last bell rang, you and Francesca were the first ones to leave the classroom. You couldn't stand being there anymore. Tears were already forming at your eyes when you got home with Francesca. You didn't want your parents to know too. They would make a scandal at your school and you didn't want more attention.

You two sat on the bed.

"H-How did this happen?", you said, angry.

"Are you sure you didn't kiss him outside?"

"I'm not entirely sure now! Besides, he's almost How did Marica get a picture of me?! I know that dating a guy who is on the mafia was risky but I love him! Can't I be happy too?!"

"Of course you can! They're just jealous...", she sighed, "You have to talk to Narancia. If they take things too far, I don't know what they could do to you! I won't be able to be with you all the time."

"You know I can't. That would give me even more attention!"

Then, you heard your phone: a message from your boyfriend.

Narancia: Sorry that I couldn't pick you up today! I had a mission and it just ended now! I miss you so much! I'll make sure I'll be there tomorrow!

You showed your best friend:

"Francesca, what do I do?!"

"Tell him that this week you're busy. Just until the rumors quiet down a little."

You were trembling while sending the text but you knew it had to be done.

You: Don't worry about it! Francesca kept me company! Sorry Nara but I can't see you this week. I have a tone of work to do! But, we'll see each other next week! Love you!

Every word that you wrote made you hate yourself. You knew it was better to tell him but you didn't want him to know at the same time. It didn't make sense to you but at the same time did. Why did you have to be so complicates?!

He immediatly replied.

Narancia: Ok! I'll wait! Good luck on your work! Love you!

"Why do I feel so bad?", you thought.

Narancia POV

Some much work on the first week of school after the holidays? Is it really normal? I was so intrigued and worried about (Y/N) that I went to talk with the person who went to school the most time.

"Fugo, can I ask you something?", I said, entering in his room.

Fugo was writing something on a notebook at his table.

"Yeah, what's up?", he asks, turning to me.

I sat on his bed and asked:

"Is it normal to have much homework on the first week after holidays?"

"No, I don't think so, why?"

"(Y/N) said she's really busy with homework but... I'm not sure if she's telling the truth. I sense something is wrong. She sounded so forced on her messages... Am I worrying too much?"

"I don't know... Maybe she's really busy with work."

"That's the thing! Even with homework, she never denied my company!"

I'm really panicking in this moment. Was something wrong and (Y/N) wasn't telling me?!

"Hum... Wait some days. Girls have changes of mood in puberty."

"Not her!"

"NEITHER ME!", Trish shouted from the door, "You're really cold sometimes Fugo!", the girl turned to me, "Sorry to interrupt. But, don't worry. You have to trust her. Think! She tells you everything and never lied to you. Give her some time."

"Yeah.", I sighed, "Maybe you're right...", I smiled, "I'll wait some days."