Chapter 26

It has been two months since you and Narancia started dating. You finally had all you wished for: a best friend, a boyfriend and good grades at school. Nothing was bad. Well... except from the fact that your mother discovered that Narancia has been spending some nights at your house. She wasn't mad or anything. Your mom only told you not to make many sounds because of your father. If he ever discovered, he would kill Narancia for sure. Your mother didn't bother because your boyfriend made you happy. Even Francesca started saying that if your boyfriend hurt you, she would torture him herself. Why don't they trust your boyfriend? He was so sweet, so caring... Well, he was always cuddling with you and steal kisses whenever he got the chance, even at the streets (undercover, of course).

The teddy bear he gave you some time ago was big. Narancia even put one of his orange thingies from his head onto the bears'. It was really cute! Now, when you looked at the corner of the room, you always saw a huge Narancia teddy bear looking back at you. Tho, you felt bad. You never gave him a present. However you had a plan. You knew your boyfriend's birthday was coming up, so you wanted to surprise him.

That's why you are at the front door of Bucciarati's headquarters right know. You knew Narancia was in a mission, so it was the perfect time. You just hoped that at least someone was in there. You rang the bell. After a few seconds, Trish opened the door.

"Hello (Y/N)!"

"Hi Trish. Narancia isn't there, right?"

"Yeah. He went on a mission. Do you need something?", she asked with a smile.

"Yes, I do. Can I come in?"

"Sure."

You entered and Trish shut the door. Bucciarati was going down the stairs at that moment and greeted you. After that, he asked:

"Is everything alright? You know Narancia is on a mission, right?"

"I know. I wanted to talk to you."

The man frowned:

"About what? Is someone bothering you?"

"No. It's just that Narancia's birthday is in a few days and I wanted to make a surprise for him."

"Oh, yeah! You're right!", Trish screamed, in shock, "I totally forgot!"

"What are you thinking?", Bucciarati asked you, embarassed, "I knew it but I have a bunch of work to do and I didn't even think about a present or a cake."

"We can have a little party. He's going to be 18 in a couple of days, after all."

"Here?"

"Y-Yeah, if you don't mind."

"Ok, I think we can have the decorations ready.", he turned to the girl, "Trish, when you are done with your tasks, go buy some."

"Roger that, Boss!", and she went running upstairs.

When Trish disappeared, Bucciarati turned his gaze to you again:

"I'm going to tell Mista to order the cake."

"Thank you. I'll deal with the rest. I'll bring the food, a playlist and I'll buy him a present."

"You don't have to... You don't have to spend money. We'll give you some."

"Sorry, Mr. Bucciarati.", you smiled, "But I want to pay. Narancia is giving me gifts and expensive dates. This is the least I can do."

"Very well, then. But the gang has to give him a present too. Do you know of something he wants?"

"Let me think... He always tells me that he needs to get a new music player / radio. I'm probably not buying that since I'm going to give him a ring to match the one he gave me."

Bucciarati looked at you, surprised:

"The one he gave you was costume made! It's really expensive. At least, let us handle the food and the playlist!"

"No, I wanna buy everything. I'll use my savings."

The man laughed:

"That's what Narancia said when he bought the ring. You two are really perfect for each other."

You blushed, smilling:

"I guess so..."

"I'll create a Whatsapp group for this. We'll share what we've done there."

"O-Ok. I'll think about the official plan and I'll tell you when I figure it out."

"Right. We'll be waiting. Want to wait until Narancia gets here?"

"I'd love that. But, unfortunately, I have to study for my exams... I have to get home."

"Oh, sure. Come by when you want."

"I will. Goodbye."

"Goodbye. I won't tell Narancia that you were here."

"I appreciate it. Narancia's Birthday Plan is now on the move!"