Chapter 36

Your POV

You only woke up in the next day when the alarm went off. You really needed that sleep. Before you could think of something else, you thought of the promise you made to Narancia. You wished you hadn't promised him that you'd go to school today. The thought of going to class terrified you. Besides, today you had to face your parents.

When you got down the stairs, you heard your mother talk to your dad about something on the news but when they saw you, they quickly stopped talking, looking at you. Your mother smiled at you and said:

"Good morning, (Y/N)."

"Y-Yeah, good morning.", you sat by your father's side and started eating your breakfast.

It was pretty awkward until your father talked:

"Are you better?"

"I think so..."

"You know... I'm glad Narancia is your boyfriend."

You almost spit the milk that you were drinking to the table. You looked at your dad, surprised:

"What did you say?!"

"I accept him now. He's supportive, caring and is capable of facing me without running away. That guy is good for you."

"R-Really?"

"Yes. And besides, Narancia makes you happy. You trust him more then you trust us now..."

"That's not-", you tried to deny it.

Your father started to laugh and then patted your head:

"I'm joking, sweetie. Your mother and I know you're all grown up now but still, if you have any problem, you can talk with us everytime you need, ok?"

"I know. It was just..."

"We know. You're as stubborn as your dad, (Y/N).", your mother smiled.

"HEY!", you and your father said at the same time.

"You are! Now, eat quick because I'm driving you to school."

When your mother mencioned school, your heart stopped. What were you thinking promising to Narancia that you were going to go to school?! Your dad gave you a kiss on your forehead before you and your mother left. On the car, there wasn't as awkward as when you were at home. At the moment that you arrived, you started to tremble while getting out of the car.

"Good luck, (Y/N). Call me if you need anything, ok?"

"Y-Yeah."

"Have a good day."

"You too."

You thanked God because Francesca was already at the bottom of the stairs waiting for you. The stares began again but you felt a little more relieved because of your talk with Narancia.

"Are you better?"

"A little, yeah. Let's go."

"If you say so.", she was so sad because of your situation.

However, you couldn't stop what was happening. All you could do is being strong and don't let the gossip and the comments get to you. First class of the day, here you come.

***

Marica and Amalia are the worst, really. No more could have written bad names on your desk. They were really bad and when the girls saw the surprise expression on your face, they laughed. And they weren't the only ones. 2/3 of your class laughed. Francesca quickly helped you clean it up the best you could. However, there still were traces of some of the words. You tried to cover them up with your notebook. You sighed and prepared for first class.