Chapter 39

The night is silent. Mina didn't utter a word ever since she drag the girl away from Akira and Jihyo. The air around them is awkward, far from the usual comforting atmosphere. Chaeyoung was trying to come up of what to say to the woman. Will she apologize? or say thank you? Either way, she did not know why Mina looked so pissed. 

Additional to her problem, the ability she just discovered from remembering her memory. Another, the guilt that has been pricking her since she woke up. Finding out that she was one of the reason why Mina and Akira is in this state makes her feel worse. She let out a silent sigh, they're walking on her Jeong unnie house direction.

"Why you didn't tell me?" Mina broke the silence. Chaeyoung blinked from the sudden question. 

"About what?" 

"About your eyes. You are one us." Mina's voice is stone cold. Chaeyoung could actually feel it in her skin.

"I didn't know too." 

"How come you don't?" Mina eyed her suspiciously.

"I don't know why but there is a gap in my memory." Chaeyoung lied. She actually regained all of it already. That's the reason why she can access her ability.

"When?" 

"I don't remember the time when my first love and I separated." She answered. It was actually half true though she has it back.

"Does that mean it was related to your ex?" 

"Maybe? and I told you she's not my ex." She deadpan. Mina ignored her complain.

"But why do you act like you are not surprised at all?" Mina continued to interrogate her. What should I say? 

"I honestly am but instead of taking time for being surprised and confused shouldn't we think of what we will do with this?" Chaeyoung gave her a tired smile. Sure, Mina might be the one who fought but this tiredness she's feeling is beyond physicality. Mina seems to understand not to pry on the matter anymore and stayed silent.

"Hey why do it felt like you hate Aki?" Chaeyoung changed the subject. Mina's curious demeanor changed into a heavy one. 

"I just did." She answered shortly.

"Why? I mean she's good to us. She even protected me and Jeong unnie when that fake Mina came." She asked. Chaeyoung has the  hunch why since she had a glimpse on Akira's memories. 

"But she's our enemy not long ago." 

"Is that really the reason? For all I know you're not the type to care." Chaeng teased. Mina frowned and look at her. It's as if she's saying are-you-kidding-me look.