Chapter 15

Will POV

I didn’t want the weekend to end but unfortunately I had to go back home before my father asked a lot of questions. Spending time with Nikki and my friends was what I needed. Father has been on my case lately, sometimes I just wish I never came back to America.

South Africa was great, I made good friends and had my mother’s family close. I have told my mother about Nikki and she wants to see her irrespective of the circumstances.

In South Africa I did have a girlfriend but we ended things before I even came back here. She was moving too fast for me so decided to cheat on me with a guy way older than me. I just hope that Nikki is finally going to be the one for me.

I’m completing my degree in two years, I can’t be doing a run around forever. If Nikki and I don’t work out then I might as well just join Mike and be a player maybe that will save me from a heart break.

Speaking of a heart break. I wonder what is going on between Nikki and her friends. She doesn’t want to talk about it which could only mean two things. One, they must know about us and don’t like it or it is related to that guy T.

I just don’t trust him but I trust Nikki, she did mention that they are just best friends and I saw on her Instagram that she deleted their picture.

“William?” my lecturer yelled. Disturbing me from my thoughts.

“Yes sir?” I said pretending to be listening.

“What did I just say?” Dr Chu asked.

“Err” I said scratching my head.

“Just what I thought. Anyway as I was saying Dr Knight will be marking your scripts. She’s very strict so make sure you don’t write all that nonsense you write for me.” He said.

Wait what? Lily will be marking our scripts for the upcoming test.

“Hey Will, isn’t that Nikki’s mother?” Shaun whispered.

“Yep it’s her.” I said.

“You better make sure she doesn’t find out you shagging her daughter before we write the test.” Shaun said with grin.

“Shut up and she won’t know unless you open your mouth.” I said.

“Chill. I got you and besides if she knows I’m your best friend she will probably give me an F too. So Nah, ain't sharing it with no one."Shaun said.

“I’m so over this conversation. Can’t believe it’s already Wednesday. I miss my girlfriend.” I said while scrolling through our pictures.

“Girlfriend huh? So are you officially dating now?” Shaun asked.

“Something like that, I mean we had sex for the first time, well it was her first time. Anyway that was validation, right?” I asked curiously.

“Probably. Wow at 19 she was still a virgin? It’s hard to find such girls these days.” Shaun said.

“She’s different Shaun, she has never asked me for anything, or any favour and that shit just intimidates me dude.” I said.

“If only Larissa was like that too, my girlfriend thinks I’m already working.” He said.

“Probably because she knows you have the money. Son of a millionaire. I want to buy something nice for Nikki just don’t want to make her feel like I’m marking my territory or trying to own her.” I said.

“Man you think too deep about stuff. Just get her a gift and tell her you were passing by the store and thought she might like it. Simple.” He said.