Chapter 31

Nikki POV

After 10 minutes of anticipation torture, the car pulled over.

“We are here Mr Michealson.” The driver said.

“Okay Mr Diablo. See you in a few.” Will said.

“I’ll be waiting for you here Mr Michealson.” He said.

“Let’s go baby and put on your coat please.” Will said. I did what Will asked of me, asking a series of questions wasn’t going to help because he was so convinced on not telling me anything.

“Close your eyes.” He said.

“What? Why?” I asked.

“Just close your eyes Nikki. No peeping.” He said.

“Okay.” I said and closed my eyes instantly.

Will go out of the car, he opened the door for me and held my hand to support me from tripping.

“Should I open them now?” I asked.

“Not yet baby.” He said. “Okay slowly lift your foot up.” He said.

I followed his instructions, the wind blowing was cold. My tummy was filled with an uneasy feeling. I was feeling nauseous, almost like I wasn’t on the ground anymore.

“Open your eyes.” He said.

My goodness. We were in a plane.

“Will, where are we going? I have a phobia of heights.” I complained gripping on his hand tight.

“Chill babe. This is your second surprise. We will be seeing the statue of liberty up close. The city lights are beautiful when you see them from the top.” He said.

“This is a dream come true.” I said kissing him.

“Mine too baby. Mine too. I’ve always wanted to do this with the woman I love. All thanks to you, that dream is coming true.” He said.

“Wow New York looks so beautiful from up here.” I said looking from the window.

“New York, is a nightmare for others and a dream come true to others. The good authors, singers, artists and politicians most of them come from New York.” He said.

“The same city that I have grew up in.” I said.

“Can’t believe we both grew up here but never came across each other. Our parents have been colleagues for so long yet we never met.” He said.

“That is why they say, when your stars align, it’ll be at the right time and you’ll be at the right place.” I said.

“True baby.” He said.

The view was beautiful. I never thought there would be someone who could do this for me. According to Will, this is a dream come true for him but he just didn’t realise how unbelievably happy I was. I love this man so much.

For the past years, I had never imagined that I would love someone so much. I refrained from relationships because I thought they were pointless and a waste of time. But look at me now? Loving this human being so much I could literally elope with him if circumstances could leave us with that option.

At 19 years, I have never thought that I will be this deep in a relationship. Especially with a complete stranger, my assumption was that I’d probably fall in love with a friend or colleague but Will came out of nowhere and stole my heart the very first day I saw him.

“We are going back to the airport now. Did you enjoy yourself?” he asked caressing his hand on my thigh.

“Yes babe. I really did enjoy myself today. Thank you for everything.” I said.