Chapter 17

The next morning I woke up early, I was going to Lily’s birthday lunch. Nikki asked me to come early so that I could accompany her to get a gift for her mother. I walked down the stare case and saw Glenda.

“Where’s Heather?” I asked Glenda.

“She has already left. She said that she had an emergency.” Glenda said.

“Okay.” I said shrugging my shoulders.

“I don’t trust that girl Willy.” She said.

“Why Glenda?” I asked.

“She seems too forward for you.” She said.

“She’s just a friend Glenda. I assure you.” I said.

“I’m old Willy and I know if a person is bad news. That girl is just a daylight schemer.” Glenda said.

“Okay noted. I’m going to Lily’s house.” I said completely changing the topic.

“Okay, she also invited me to attend her birthday lunch. I just have to ask your father if I could go.” She said.

“If Lily invited you I’m sure he will not mind. I will come fetch you later.” I said.
“Thank you Willy.” She said.

“Wait Glenda, err what do you think about Father’s relationship with Lily?” I asked curiously.

“Why do you ask Willy?” she said.

“Just curiosity but never mind.” I said.

“Well I think that Lily is a very good woman and a good mother. I just hope she can help your father with his anger issues. Maybe she is what he needs.” She said.

“We can only hope Glenda or else he will end up alone because he wants to control everyone.” I said.

I left home and drove to Lily’s house. Nikki confirmed via text that she is already awake and waiting for me, but also asked me to act like I went to her house to offer any assistance with the preparations.

As soon as I reached Lily’s house, Nikki opened the door for me and acted like she was surprised to see me.

“Hello Nikki.” I said smiling suspiciously.

“Hey Will.” She said, she was blushing.

“Oh hey Will, I’m so glad you came. Where is your father?” Lily asked while cleaning up the kitchen.

“He was still sleeping when I left.” I said.

“Okay, let me go upstairs and call him.” Lily said.

“Wait mom, can Will take me to the mall please?” Nikki said to her mother.

“Sure honey. Will did you have any plans? I could let her use my car.” Lily said.

“No it’s fine Lily, I will take her to the mall.” I said.

“Okay. Nikki I will send you a list of the few things I need you to get me. I also have to call the catering company and see what time they will be coming.” Lily said.

“Okay mom.” Nikki said.

Nikki and I left for the mall. I didn’t notice I was quiet in the car until Nikki gave me a light punch on my shoulder.

“Are you okay?” she asked.

“Yes baby, sorry I was just thinking.” I said.

“About what?” she asked.

“Everything. How much I appreciate having you in my life.” I said.

“Ncooi Will, I’ve been happy ever since too.” She said while hugging my arm.