CHAPTER 7 : In My Blood

What was wrong with my blood? I laid in my bed unable to sleep. What Cornell had said was still ringing in my head. 

    "He's blood says differently." Those word echoed in my mind. What exactly did my blood say that could warrant his distrust against me. He wanted me to be sent away from the realm. He thought I was dangerous.

     Me? I was the last thing he would have to worry about. I was a scrawny kid who could barely do magic. The way he spoke made me sound like some malicious being seeking out the distraction of Alon. 

      There was too much about myself I didn't know and driving me crazy. My life was a series of people keeping things from me. I was tired of it. I wanted answers and I wanted them now. I jumped out of my bed, getting dressed. 

     I needed to get to the council's HQ, but how? It was nearing midnight, I highly doubted that my guardians would be okay with taking me there. I couldn't call Abby, she was dealing with a lot, I didn't want to trouble her with this.

     I had to get there on my own. 

     How hard could teleporting possibly be. I'd learnt an awful lot about magic. I was improving, mastering new spells, getting a better hold of my magic. If teleporting was like everything else, all I had to do was focus, envision what I wanted and let my magic do it for me. 

     I picked my phone off the bedside table and tucked it into my back pocket. I closed my eyes, pictured myself where I wanted to go. I called forth my power, smoke emitted from thin air, swarmed me from my feet to my head. I felt a familiar pull, and then I was swirling through the universe, breaking the laws of physics as the magical vortex took me on a ride. I opened my eyes to find that I wasn't in the room anymore, no I was somewhere completely different, but not where I had intended to go. I was in the yard, shrouded in topiary. 

     I closed my eyes again, focusing even harder, only to land myself in the busy streets of Alon city. Several people bumped into me and I stumbled back a little, before I regained my footing. Teleporting still left me a little disoriented. I leaned against a wall for a moment I tried again. And shockingly this time it actually worked. I stood in front of the council's headquarters. 

     I headed in, going straight for the room Abby had once led me too. I pushed the door open and marched straight for the podium. 

     "I demand to speak to the council," I spoke into the mic. A figure appeared in a pillar of smoke before me. I immediately recognized who it was.

      "Marcus?" Russ spoke, her brows furrowed in confusion, she clearly wasn't expecting me. "What are you doing here?" she asked.

      "I overheard the conversation between you and Cornell earlier today," I said, not beating around the bush with this. Her eyes were wide for a second, "I need you—" 

      She leapt forward, covering my mouth with her hand, "Not here." She whispered before teleporting us out of the room. We appeared in an office, it was about averagely sized. A bookshelf made up one of the walls, the floor was covered in carpet and there was a mahogany desk, set in the center of the room. Russ let go of me and settled a few steps away from me. 

       "Marcus, I don't know what you think you overheard—" she started, but I interrupted her. 

       "That Cornell thinks I'm dangerous because of my blood," I told her. She took a heavy breath before settling on the desk. 

       "Is it true?" I asked standing in front of her, she raised her gaze to meet my eyes. 

       "Yes and no," she said, I furrowed my brows, "You're not dangerous, of that I'm sure. You're a good kid. You don't have a single malicious bone inside you."