CHAPTER 24 : In The End

I did the only thing I could, I called Abby. It was the first thing that came to mind. Well, the second. My first thought was to teleport home. However the moment I tried, the golden cuffs on my wrists had zapped me so hard I'd been propelled against the wall. 

    I'd risen, with a sore head and blistered hands. I needed to get these restraints off. My guardians wouldn't do that for me without an explanation of what was going on. And if I did explain they definitely wouldn't do it, they'd tell me that it was too risky for me to go. That I'd be walking straight into a trap. They wouldn't let me risk my life like that. 

    It was trap, of course it was. I wasn't stupid. But I had to go. I had to save my father. I couldn't let another person I cared about die for me. Abby was probably my best chance. 

     "You need to get these off me!" I yelled, growing frustrated. I'd explained everything to her as soon as she had appeared in my room. I frantically paced my room. Growing more and more nervous each waking second. 

     "I can't," Abby said. "I don't know how to. But I think I know someone who might," she informed before pulling her phone out of her back pocket. I bit down on my bottom lip as the phone rang. 

     "Paige, we need your help," she said into the phone. "...I'm serious Paige," her voice sounded grim, "this is important...I'm with Marcus..." She hung up and told me that Paige was on her way. 

     I continued to pace my room as we waited for Paige. Each second felt longer than the last. I ran my hands through my hair so many times it was a shocker it didn't fall out in clumps. What was taking her so longer?

     When she finally did appear in my room my nerves had my hands shaking. She wasn't alone though, standing beside her was Jack. I didn't even pay him any mind. I didn't have the capacity for it at the moment. 

    "What is he doing here?" Abby said gesturing to Jack. 

    "He insisted on coming," Paige answered. 

     "It doesn't matter," I said. We didn't have time to talk about this. The longer I waited the more danger my father would be in. In that moment he was the only thing I cared about. I needed to save him. I took a step towards Paige, "Can you get these off me?" I asked as I stuck out my wrists in front of her.

     She held both wrists in her hands, observing the cuffs. "I think so," she said a moment later, "but the council will know right away if I do." She let go of my hands taking a step away from me. 

     "I don't care. I just need these off," I said curtly. 

    "Why?" Jack asked, coming to stand in front of me. "From what I've heard, I think you're in enough trouble." 

    "He's right," Paige said as she nodded along to Jack's comment. "The council will lock you up if you leave again," she warned. 

    "They have my father," I told them, as a tear trailed down my cheek. "The demons, one of them called using my dad's phone. If I don't go they'll kill him, I know it. I don't care what the council does to me, I'm getting my father back. I can't lose any more people. Please Paige, get these off me," I pleaded as I held my arms up in front of her. She looked hesitant, but then she huffed and took a step towards me. 

    "Okay," she said before taking my hands back in hers. Her hands glowed marigold as she focused her energy to remove the cuffs. I felt them uncoil, detach from my magic. I started feeling less weaker. I could feel my energy returning to me. I could feel my power radiating through me. 

     "We're coming with you," Abby said as she moved from behind me and came to stand beside me. 

     "I can't ask you guys to do that," I told her and them. I didn't want them risking their lives for me. It was my choice to go, I didn't want to pull them into this, in case things went wrong, and they probably would.