chapter #18

me and dad slept on the couch until around 2 in the morning

"mornin n/n, we need to get going." dad stands over me in his hero costume, shaking my shoulders.

"Dad what are we going to be doing in the middle of the night?" I rub my eyes.

"We need to go grocery shopping." he says tiredly.

"what is open this early." I pull the blanket off of me.

"we are going to go meet Nemuri, then we will go to one of those open 24/7 stores and then we will come back here and she will help you deign your hero costume." he helps me up.

"if you say so." I say now standing up. "can I go get dressed or is this ok?" I point to my outfit, thats just a solid baggy black hoodie and sweat pants.

"yea, thats fine, and also put your hair down, we don't need anyone recognizing you." he informs.

I just nod and take my hair out of the top knot and style it like his, with it covering most of my face.

"ok where are we meeting her?" I ask in a monotone voice.

we hear a knock then the front door flies open,

"we are here!!!!" I hear Nem sing as Zashi stands next to her with a disappointed look on his face.

"I was supposed to say that.." he says sadly while poking her shoulder.

we all laugh and me and dad walk in there direction and I take a step out of the door,

"wait, y/n, get your scarf." dad grabs my arm to pull me back in.

"wait why?" I look up at him.

"we don't know who will be out at this time of night and you need to be able to protect your self if I'm not near you." he explains as Nem and Zashi just stand there in their hero uniforms.

"ok ok, I'll be right back." I run upstairs.

I jog into my room and get a face mask and my scarf that looks exactly like my dads.

I don't really use his quirk that often because I don't need it but I know I won't be allowed to use it once school starts so I better get use of it tonight. wait, does this mean ill get to fight some villains tonight, sweet.

I wrap the scarf around my neck loosely and then tucking the loose ends into hoodie, I then put the face mask on the cover the lower half of my face and jog back downstairs.

"wow y/n, you look like a villain yourself." Nem says jokingly.

"good job n/n." dad smirks.

"you guys look identical, the only thing is that she is a girl and shorter than you Shota." Mic says while he glances between me and dad.

I just smile and then walk up next to my dad who puts an arm around me and I put my hands in my pockets and slouch.

"LETSSSSS GOOOOO!!!" mic screams.

"omg Zashi, you're going to wake the neighborhood." Nem punches him in the arm.

"yea, could you be any louder Yamada, it's 2 in the fucking morning." dad says angrily.

"we'er all tired so let's just be calm and go grocery shopping," I say trying to calm everyone down.

"lets just get going," mic says sadly. 

we walk out to the car that Nem had parked in front of the house.

dad opens the door for me and I get in and slide all the way to the other side and dad gets in next to me. Nem and Mic get in the front and in the passenger seat Zashi turns on some metal, and he screams the lyrics, Nem starts the car with a sigh and turns down the music to a more bearable level.