chapter #34

"honey, it's time for school, I made you breakfast." Dad gently shakes my shoulder.

"did we seriously sleep that long?" I yawn.

"I didn't, but you needed the rest." he shrugs and I walk into the kitchen to eat some food.

"How long have you been up?" I grab a plate.

"a couple of hours."

we both eat our breakfast then head to our rooms to get ready.

I grabbed my phone off my night stand and walked in the bathroom while checking my messages.

Tenya: good morning, love. I hope you got your much needed rest yesterday. Tensei is in better sprits and is feeling better now.

Me: Morning, ten. thats great!! I'm so glad that he's getting better.

I put my phone down and got into the shower, brushed my teeth, and washed my face. Once I got out I put on some makeup and a clean uniform, drying my hair in the process.

In my school bag I make sure I have my scarf and googles, then head back down stairs.

"Dad, what are we going to be doing today, like in class?" I ask and he walks over to me in his hero costume.

"Nemuri will be coming in and helping you guys with hero names, and you're going to be applying for the internships." he explains tiredly.

"cool, do you know how many offers I got?" we start to walk out the front door.

"Yea, a lot." he ruffles my hair up.

"fun."

we got into the car and I started to play some music as we speed towards school.

"Have you though of any hero names?" Dad asks.

"Not really, I though about using yours but then it wouldn't capture my other quirk." I admit.

"did I ever tell you how I got mine?" Dad sighs.

"Yes, many times Dad. Zashi gave it to you." I tell him.

"Yea, maybe I could give one to you as well." he starts to smile.

"you have one in mind?" I look at him excitedly.

"not yet, but what do you want yours to represent?" he glances at me.

"I don't know, something scary or like mysterious." I shrug.

"Didn't you say something at the festival about being called an assassin?" he turns into the school parking lot.

"Yea, that's what Hizashi called me, but, I don't even have the skills to be an actual assassin right now." I whine.

"y/n, you practically already are one." he says seriously.

"I know, I think I might just use my name for now." we get out of the car.

"Think about it, you have some time." he puts a hand on my shoulder and we walk into school.

"I think were a little late." I hear the bell ring.

"I let you sleep in." he says tiredly.

"oh, well, you're normally late anyway. Just don't mark me tardy, teacher." I joke.

"don't worry about it." he chuckles.

"morning." Dad walks into the classroom before me.

"Good morning, Mr. Aizawa!" they all greet him.

I follow in and wave at everyone tiredly.

"sorry we're late, I slept in." I say and then go sit down in my seat.