*Chapter 10*

I cracked my eyes quickly before the sun blinded me. Today was my cousin's wedding and thinking about it made me happy. I scampered up from my bed going into the bathroom to take a quick and nice bath. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. The cool water was delightful and made it better on my skin. I loved it.

*

I changed into my dress my mom laid for me getting ready and straightening my hair with the iron. After giving it the look I loved, I rushed downstairs going in for breakfast but mommy's voice stopped me. 

"We'll eat breakfast at the wedding." She said almost sternly. I closed my eyes trying to control the tears. I opened them slowly to look at her. Her face held something with regret and sadness. I smiled grabbing my bag and going into the car with an apple and a chocolate bar. 

###

"What's wrong dear?" Nanny asked. I bit my lips to control the tears and my hiccups. "Nothing. I'm just tired." I lied. I don't need anyone to worry about me. Expressly, when a new daddy and family are coming in. I need to start behaving maturely.

"Mr. Henry is coming to the wedding. He wants to see you, behave well." My mom said looking at the road. I'm supposing Henry is my stepdad. 

"I don't want to see him," I told. She stopped the car abruptly. Her eyes flared red and her lips were shuddering. "Don't test my patience Aurora. I don't like how you're stubborn. I'm trying to overlook what you said yesterday." She said sternly.

I couldn't hold back the tears anymore. I cried out snuffing. "I knew this will come. You will always support them. They are not even our family yet and you're strict towards me." I said hiccuping between words.

"Will you keep shut?" She asked looking at me. I concealed my face into nanny's cloth. She stroked my hair trying to stop me from crying. I eventually stopped not to ruin my mood and decided to just ignore mommy not to get into her bad side.

We ultimately arrived at the wedding. It was decorated with white flowers and red roses on the altar and with waiters walking everywhere. The music was not booming much like clubs. People were talking and people were just arriving at the wedding. Above was a white chandelier with different led lights. Clicking of glasses and whispering. Everywhere looked splendid

 A white big BMW pulled up and stood there were Hendrix and Kyle along with a woman and a man who looked like their parents. There were dressed in white. Kyle was in a white plain dress and a combat boots and Hendrix was in a white suit with his hair gelled. He looked cute. But the question was, what is he doing here? Was he invited? I don't like him here. I'll feel nervous. I won't talk to him.

I skinned my eyes away and moved to a green Honda that moved into the parking lot. A group of people came out and my mom rushed to give a man a peek at the cheek. I almost puked. He was handsome, I've got to admit but I will never accept him as my dad.

Never!

"Who is this young lady?" He asks leaning towards me. I looked at the floor trying to avoid his gaze but it was just too strong. However, I felt another stare at the back. I looked up turning back to meet Hendrix in the eyes. He was watching me intensively. I looked away from him and back to my so-called 'Father' 

"I'm Aurora," I whispered. He pinched my cheeks and pulled me into a hug. It was nothing like my father's. 

A girl immediately pushed him away from me and hugging me followed by a boy. I dipped my head at them confused. Who are they?

They must have seen the confusion. "I'm rose and here is Kelvin." She said cheerfully. I nodded looking away. They seem nice but I will never accept them. 

"You're going to be our stepsister. You're so cute." Rose said pinching my cheeks. I stared at Kelvin. He smiled at me kissing my cheek causing me to redden. I smiled playing with my hair. 

"What about this? After the wedding, we can go out and know more about each other?" Mr. Henry suggested holding my mother's hands. She smiled like the idea. 

The wedding started with my cousin coming out in her wedding dress walking on the red carpet. She was smiling while some people at the back held her white garment. She looks beautiful. 

Back home (☞ ಠ_ಠ)☞

"He likes you." My mom said abandoning her bag. I pulled my hair from its ponytail and ran to my room not even caring about my mother's words. I changed into my causal cloth going to my bed and watching the outside birds. It was really beautiful. 

All this time, Hendrix would sometimes look at me from his seat. It was so creepy. Then at the restaurant, Mr. Henry and my mom talks and Kelvin and rose would sometimes try to make conversations with me. I purposely slept so I would avoid their talks. My mom, on the other hand, is now a strict woman. She said she wants me to grow up and stop behaving like a small child. 

Tell me, am I a bad child? Am I so babyish? Or annoying?

I wish dad was alive. I feel no one likes me or loves me anymore except nanny and Kyle along with Steve. As for my mom, she's changed into Cinderella's stepmother.

I giggled a little wiping my tears and falling into a deep slumber. 

...

I woke up stretching my legs and arm. I only slept for 42 minutes. It wasn't that long but it was refreshing. I yawned taking the bottle of water next to me and drinking it to cool my dry throat.

Then I heard a voice that sounded like mommy talking to someone. 

"You must be Hendrick. Welcome." My mom said. I swallowed the lump that just settled down my throat.

What was Hendrick doing here? How did he find out about my house? Kyle?

 I dropped my bottle, immediately I heard his voice.

"I need to talk to Aurora."