*Chapter 35*

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I'm homesick so I won't be able to go to the party." Rose said with a sneeze on the other line. 

"I'm going to do my homework. Talk later." I said and ended the call immediately. I stood up from my bed walking up to my reading table and placing my books on the table. I slid out the chair sitting on it and putting my phone close to me.

"Elevation and Depression." I read it aloud. 

Hendrick P.O.V

"You seriously have to get a brain one of these days. Her birthday comes up in 13 days and you don't even know. What a shame!" Steve ticked his tongue playfully. 

"You seriously need to buy a coffin cause you'll need it later." I charged back at him. He simply rolled his eyes and went to the TV. 

I, on the other hand, was even stupider. How didn't I know that Aurora's birthday was coming up very soon and-

Shit!

I hurriedly grabbed my car keys from the side table and dashed out outside to the parking lot to see my sparkling Chrysler. It has been a long time since I ever used one of those. 

----

"Done!" I screeched up in excitement. Math was beginning to be my favourite subject now I have photo- Math. I gathered up my things and placed them into my school bag. As I zipped my bag, my eyes travelled to my calendar that was hung up in my room. It was from Rose when we went shopping the other day. I know. I can just check the date on my phone but I like seeing it in my room and something physical. 

My eyes wandered looking for a specific date. When my eyes spot it, I smiled. 

My date of birth. 

25th of April. 

I slowly walked to the calendar and drew a big circle around the date. I was marking it. 13 days until my birthday. My emotions were still gloomily due to the fact that I was not going to celebrate my birthday with my 'real' dad but with my step-dad. I heaved a sigh. 

Nothing was going to be special about it. 

I was kicked out of my depression when my phone rang with a new notification. I stretched my hands to grab the phone of my table and scroll through it. 

Be there in 10 min:)

I internally smiled. Hendrick just texted me he was going to be here soon. At-least, someone could make my day. 

...

"Please, can you stop?" I asked softly. My nose shivered a little at the smell of cig in my room. I don't like it. Hendrick has been quiet since he got here and he refused to even talk to me. 

He threw the thing out of my bedroom and turned to look at me with an annoyed look and a pity face.

"Get dressed, we're going out." He said harshly. I looked at my feet trying my whole best to keep calm and not let the ocean in my eyes flood. 

"O-ok" I shuttered turning to leave but my wrist got yanked by Hendrick as I was pinned to face him. My chest was pressed hard on his chest. 

"Wear something that doesn't expose your body to the whole damn world!" He spat. A tear rolled down my red cheek at his tone to me. I don't understand one bit why he was upset at me. His features softened but he still remained cool and released my hands. 

I grabbed my phone and turned to look at him

"You, like?" I asked talking about the outfit. He only scoffed which sent a hurtful vibration in my heart. 

"Why are you acting lik-

"25th of April is your birthday and you didn't even bother telling me! But you told Steve?" He half-yelled. I flinch back dropping my bag on the carpet. 

"Get out!" I screamed, hurt. He was acting coldly towards me because I didn't tell him my birthday? 

"With pleasure!" He snapped. 

----

"Cut! How do you like the film?" Henrick asked. I looked at the camera and back to him. I can't believe I even agreed on this. 

Earlier,

Be there in 10 min:) 

Okie:)

Wait! Do you have a camera?

Yeah, why?

Nothing. I'm about to send you a script. Practice it before I get there.

But, why? I'm not good at memorizing stuff.

It's okay. I'll do the rest. Just turn on the camera. I'll send you a signal to do so. 

----

"Okay. I'm about to come in. Point the camera to your door side.

Oh, okay.

"But what are we going to do with this film clip?"

"We'll show it to our children. Now, come on. Let's go." He said and dragged my hand and we walked out to the car park which held a Chrysler. 

"You have a Chrysler, car?" 

"Yes." He simply said as we jerked inside. 

...

"Wow! This place is so big." I said scanning around the big mall we were in. 

"Trust me. It's not the only thing that is big." He smirked while he left me in a confusion of what he just said. 

A/n

I'm super sorry for the short chap. The next one will be longer and yes, Thank you for 8.3k views. I love you all so much and please check out my other books.