*Chapter 12*

The bell rang. I stood. Everyone smiled. I gasped. Steve was choking up blood. I've never seen this in my life. I was very well disgusted by blood but my friend needs me. I wrapped his hands around my neck. I took him to the bay with a little struggle but I was helped by Kyle whose eyes were very sensitive.

I stood next to the door waiting for the nurse to at least come up with some good news. Kyle was not even surprised by this. In fact, she only laughed when she saw Steve trying to talk or get up. 

"Why are you laughing? Our friend is in a lot of pain right now and all you do  is laugh at him." I said disappointedly. She stopped laughing and came to hug me murmuring a 'Thank you'. 

"But he totally deserved it." She said getting back to her seat and enjoying the pitiful sight. I sighed looking at him until the nurse came around. 

"He's alright." She said writing something down on a paper. I nodded looking back at Steve. I don't even know what happened to him. Why is he in this state?

"Steve?" I asked folding my hands on my chest. He looked at me with a grimaced a little bit sad and thankful he was alright.

"What happened to you?" I asked rubbing circles around his wrist. He shivers from my touch redrawing his hands and rubbing them.

'I'm alright. You need to go to class, I'm sure you've missed some of your class." He said looking away from me. It was my turn to frown at his ignorance and lies. 

"He's right. Your English teacher won't be happy when she found out you're late." Kyle encouraged touching my shoulders. I gave Steve a glare before going to my class which surprisingly I was very early. 

I sat on my seat looking out the window. I bent to draw out my books and my writing materials. I flinch when a hand slammed against my table. 

It was Kenzie. She was looking...Happy?

"Good morning Aurora." She greeted smiling. I'm 100% sure that smile was fake and was nothing good but evil. 

"What do you want?" I asked, rudely. She frowned flipping her hair. She pouted looking at me in shock like she was trying to maintain any calm she had left.

"No need to be rude. I only came to say hi because I'm now transferred to all the classes you have. Isn't that great?" She asked enhancing her eyelashes. I blinked my eyes breathing in and out to control my temper. 

"But how is that possible?" I asked a little bit stunned. She smirked sinking in lifting her eyebrow gesturing me look at someone behind me.

I looked behind me to see Hendrick talking to Tyler. I looked back at her just to see a large smirk on her face. 

"I came to him. I found out he transferred to all the classes you had so I followed him." She said with no single shame then leaving me with a wide mouth flung open. 

The teacher came in. She was smiling looking at me then to the person beside me. 

"Today, we have a new student." She announced. I smiled. I hope it's a girl or whatever though. 

"Welcome Kelvin South." She published. 

My smile sank into a frown. I just hope it's not the Kelvin 'I know' cause I'll be in a lot of trouble. The door flung opened and my hope vanished into thin air. 

His eyes scanned the classroom until it landed on me. I couldn't hold the breath I was holding so I released it. My heart was beating fast that I was afraid it may burst out from my chest. He smiled at me giving me a wink.

Is this how stepbrothers act?

And yeah, as always. I flushed. 

I heard a loud grunt from behind me. It was from Hendrick or Kenzie. I'm suspecting Hendrick

Hendrick- 82%

Kenzie-57%

The class soon began all I could do was either roll my eyes or adjust my seat. Kelvin always hinders me with what I was learning. He would slip in a piece of paper telling me to read it and reply him back. It was annoying.

The bell rang and without further delay, I rushed out of the classroom into the girl's restroom to rest. Honestly, that was the only place I could survive without being distributed or haunted. I still wished I had a phone. I heard it's a cool gadget and very nice to use.

----

"You should have seen his face. He looked like a car deformed his face." Rose said when we entered the hall.

Just 2 female friends. (Kyle and Rose)

I could deal with Kyle but Rose, she's a teaser. She was talking about a boy whose face was both black and white and his lips were yellow from a movie. I wasn't interested to hear any of that. 

As you all know...

I need food.

I clutched hold off my tray as we began walking to our table which was with Steve and his friends. I'm sure they won't mind extra 2 humans. 

As we approach the table, I noticed Steve and Hendrick weren't to be found and Kyle was sobbing. I furrowed my eyebrow in bewilderment hugging her.

"Why are you crying?" I asked softly taking a wipe from the table. She scoffs, rolling her eyes and looking at, Ron.

"You should ask these two fools what they did." She said meaning by Tyler and Ron. I looked at them already demanding an answer but got none.

"Since they both dumb, lemme explain for you little one." She said indicating me to seat with her. I wrapped her hands around mine keeping her comfortable. 

Mommy usually does that when I'm sad

"There is this game that's trending on Youtube. It's called 'Losers slap'. Pretty interesting, but uh-hu. It's bad. Carson and I partook in it and now I have to give these two my room for the month and I sleep in the alley. Because I lost." She explained. 

What's Youtube? 

"You can sleep with me if you want. Alley is cold and scary." I said pouting. She looked up at me smiling before tugging me into a hug.

"Thank you so much." She pulled back from the hug staring at Ron. "...Don't even there go near my closet because you won't live to see daybreak." She cautioned sternly. 

I giggled eating out of my hamburger. 

"Where is Hendrick?" Kyle asked drying her tears. 

"I don't know. The last time I saw him, he was with Kenzie." Tyler answered shrugging afterwards. I supped from my water bottle. 

"What were they doing?" I asked wordlessly to myself believing no one heard me but I was wrong. Rose and Kyle heard me loud and clear.

"Who's Hendrick?" She asked perplexed.

After that question was asked, abruptly all the hall started shouting. It was so loud, so I covered my ears from it. I could hear gunshots and scream from every corner of the room. It was like in the haunted movies

Wait, haunted movies don't shoot guns. Yeah, they scream.

I was feeling scared. My heart was racing and beating faster than normal.

What was happening?

Some students fell to the floor with red liquid gushing out of their chest, forehead and eyes. I screamed but my mouth was muffled by someone behind me. 

"Let's get out of here."

<.>

A/n

Can you guess what happened?