*Chapter 16*

I tittered when the sweet taste of Ice cream melted my taste buds. It happens to be that after school, Steve brought me to get Ice cream. Kyle and Hendrix were forced to come. It was Steve's 'treat'

"The girl like ice cream," Steve said to Kyle. I just proceeded to lick my Ice cream not bothering. "Why are we here?" Hendrix boomed after a long silence. I looked at him with the 'duh' face.

"To get Ice cream silly. Don't you like Ice cream?" I asked. He circled his eyes going back to his phone. 

"It's a waste of money and life." He grunted in concentration. I pouted in disagreement. That was an insult to the ice cream kingdom. 

"It's not. I love ice cream, it could never be a waste." I raised. He only looked at me before bursting out laughing. I've never seen him laugh before. It was new and strange. I felt butterflies swimming in me.

"That's the complete reason why you don't grow." He said still laughing. My smile immediately left as the words swam out of his mouth.

"Oh," I whispered. I thought we were finally having a normal conversion but I guess I was wrong. He stopped laughing going back to his serious facial expression. I could tell he didn't like what was going on. 

We continued talking and eating our ice cream until I busted out that it was time to go home. They agreed and we all went home. 

=_=

"You didn't tell me you were going out for ice cream." My mommy said once I reached home. I quickly gave her a hug but she gently pushed me away.

"Answer me, Aurora!" She snapped. My eyes were now filled with tears as I burst out crying. Why does the have to behave coldly towards me?

"I'm sorry mommy but I didn't-

I was cut slapped with a hot slap across my cheek. It was hot and painful. It was also the first time mommy slapped me. She barely raises her voice at me.

"This should teach you a lesson not to act like a fool." She said before rushing out of the room. My hand were still cupping my cheeks in shock and pain. Dark and painful emotions all gathered up in me as I walked slowly to my room giving it a nice sound lock. 

Fool? I act like a fool? Maybe she was right. I do act like a fool.

Hendrix P.O.V 

"You are missing out on the fun things you could do," Steve said when he laid on my bed. I don't really allow anyone to enter my room but I was too late when his body pressed on the sheet.

"What fun?" I said coldly locking the door and going to sit next to him. I felt Steve roll his eyes at my question. 

"The fun things we could do with Aurora." He said sitting straightforward. I arched a brow at him. Do he seriously mean

"Like going out for Ice cream and going to the park. Not that silly. You're full of dirty things." He replied when he saw my look. I rolled my eyes once going to my reading table and turning on my laptop.

"I don't have anything to do with that girl. She's too naive for me.' I blankly said trying in my password on my laptop. I was right though. Aurora was too innocent for a Mafia leader like me. I mean just imagine.

Innocent+ Bad= Lack of common sense.

"I'm not sure." He murmured. I gave him the serious look before turning to my laptop back running through some files.

"Common bro. How are you planning for next week's fight?" He asked bringing in a darker conversation. I sighed running my hands through my hair. 

I totally forgot about that. 

I was having a fight with one of my father's friends. I don't understand the benefits of fighting just for money. I mean, it is interesting watching people getting beat up. I'm going to get burned if I don't go for this fight. I've been announced on the news and there was no turning back. 

I also try not to show my weak and trembling side because if I did, I would get terrible reliability everywhere. I hate that my father was the kind of guy to force you into doing things. I like it my way.

"Don't tell me you forgot? All the school is dreaming of watching you fight."

And did I forget to mention to you that the jerks in school will be attending?

"I have a lot of things on my mind and yes, I'm always ready. I was born ready.", I replied sipping my sparkling red wine. 

"Yeah. You've been busy with Aurora." He scoffed. 

Why does he have to bring Aurora into this matter? He's pissing me off.

"Really, Man. You've got to stop talking about her. Unless you like her." I teased. Actually, the thought of my best friend liking aurora was very scary and week. I wouldn't even contain myself because...

"Okay. I don't want to get my head to chop off at this old age," He told hurling his body against my bed.

This was going to be a long day. Especially with one person on my mind.

Aurora.

(~ ̄³ ̄)~

"I love you

"You love me

I kept singing the song while I was in the bathtub. It was really soothing when you're relaxed and calmed. I closed my eyes taking in the wonderful scent from my coconut conditioner and vanilla shampoo. I loved washing my hair in cool water. It helps me relax.

After the bath, I came out with my pink robe. I walked to my mirror looking at my face. The skin of my mother was still felt. It was so painful to be a victim of your mother's wrath.

After I was done combing and drying my hair. I took out my sketchbook and began drawing on it. Kyle was teaching me how to draw during my free time in school.

As mommy says;

Practice makes perfect.

( ˘ ³˘)♥(◍•ᴗ•◍)❤

Pardon me if you spot any mistake.❤️❤️❤️🥰