*Chapter 24*

I pressed my eyes shut as confusion settled in me. Hendrix said he was going to fight as in he wants to hurt people.

"But why?" I asked opening my eyes. He sighed running his hand through his tattooed arm like he was in deep thoughts. I took a very good observation at his actions of clenching his jaw and unclenching them. A very used habit of his.

"You don't need to know that. It's not important." He said looking at me a little bit cold. I gulped finally closing my sketchbook and tucking my pencil inside in the middle.

"I'm going to the library," I uttered grabbing my bag and swinging it across my shoulders. I glare at Hendrix who didn't even seem bothered at all. His emotional facial expressions still were plastered on his face.

I muttered 'awkward' to myself walking away back into the school building. I folded the library door open swinging it. The librarian seems to have noticed the loud creek cause she shoots me a stern look. I frowned a little walking to a table that was just near the window. I always liked a window spot. 

I sat down gingerly putting a book titled 'Little baby'. The title was far from anything that was written in the book. It was nursery rhymes. I chuckled at my silliness standing up to get another book when a hand was wrapped around my waist pulling me back in. I almost screamed but stopped when I realized it was Xander.

"It's me, princess." He said loosening his hands around my waist. Just then, Hendrick and Steve decided to show up and sat in the opposite direction.

"I'm sorry. It's just that I was a little bit scared. Please don't do it again." I begged. A smirk abruptly came to his face.

"I can't 100% guarantee you but I'll try."

"Thank you," I replied softly tucking a piece of strand behind my earlobe. Xander just kept looking at me.

"Are you going to the match tomorrow?" He asked as to when he marked my stare glaring at him. 

"You mean the one where Hendrick fight people? No, thank you. I can't watch that." I pleaded with an image of blood scattered everywhere. I don't want to see anything too violent. Who knows? I may just puke.

"Please... Pretty please. I want you and I to go together. It's gonna be fun. I'll drive you there and if you're not comfortable then I'll bring you back home. Sounds like a plan or what?" He emphasized in a whisper.  

I bit my bottom lips and started chewing on it. I can't tell my mommy I'm going to watch a match. She doesn't even allow me to watch anything violent. On the other hand, Xander keeps insisting. I could sneak out without my mommy knowing. 

"Fine. But I must be back home early." I assuredly said giving up the fight. He applauded his hands peeking my cheeks and running back to one of his gang. 

I looked back at Hendrick and Steve who just witnessed the sense. I changed my glare away going back to get a new book from another shelf.

Just then, Someone grabbed my wrist pining it beside me. As always, It was Hendrick. He looked a little mad but wasn't that noticeable. 

"What did that little chick tell you?" He asked with no emotion traced in his voice. I mentally rolled my eyes at him.

"I'm going to the match," I announced raising my wrist from his grip but he was stronger obviously. 

"You mean my match? Well, No! You can't go and you won't!" He snapped making me flinch slightly. What is his problem? He doesn't own me or anything.

"I can go and I will go," I said angrily stomping out of his sight but forgot his grip making me pull back.

"You want to play this game don't you?" He asked leaning close that I could smell his minty breath on my face. "Remember sweetheart, 2 can also play this game." He said releasing my grip and walking out. I released the breath I didn't know I was holding all this time. 

I felt a shiver run down my spine and butterflies fled in me. I was totally star-struck with all that has just happened.
----

A knock interrupted my reading sending me down tentatively. I walked to my door being it down and letting it open to see Rose. She had a small frown on her face. 

"um...Come in." I said in shock. She walked with her white socks onto my room thudding on my bouncy bed and turning to face me.

"I'm sorry for what happened last time I visited." As soon as those words left her mouth, I burst out crying. I know but I can't help it due to my sensitive emotion.

"It's okay," I whispered playing with the fabric of my hoodie. She shook her head advancing to take out my hands and fold them into hers. 

"Are we still friends and sisters?" She asked audibly. I smiled hugging her while nodding my head. 

"Good! So are you going to the match tomorrow?" She asked. I bit my lips and replied with a yes. 

"Yay! Kelvin and I are also going. I'll come back here tomorrow to get you ready. I have a lot of things that will fit your amazing body, girl!" She praised. 

I blushed to slap her arm. "It's true. We also have to do something with your hair. It's long enough for this braid I saw on Pinterest." She said going to remove her phone from her pocket. We chatted away talking about her life and school and you know... Boring stuff as always. 

"Bye!" I called when she walked out of my front pouch. I decided to roam around the neighbourhood. Mommy was asleep so I left a note next to her bed, on her lampstand. 

I wore my black comfortable hoodie with a black boot. I smiled looking at myself in the mirror. I unplugged my phone tucking it in my pocket and walking out of the door.