Devil's New Designer

Dev's POV:

(In the hotel room on a video call)

Pragathi... When is our new designer coming in???

I need to meet our new designer.

You know by next week designs should hit the production... that's the only way
Gaya's Fashion week can be executed next month.

If not then I'll have to cancel the event which means returning back the money we took from sponsors!!!

We can afford it!!! But it's a shame to Gaya's!!!

And it means our rival 'Hrishi's' and Vidisha's plans that Gaya's gets a big hit without her comes true!!!

Now that's something my ego can't tolerate!!!

Although I loved your new designer's work....Please understand punctuality is more important to me !!!

No designer is bigger than the fashion house😏!!!

I need the best Pragathi!!! Where the heck is your new hire!!!'

I yelled!!!😠

Pragati replied me on the call saying the designer will be joining us by tomorrow...

And that she is joining us in on the video call anytime soon.

Soon I saw a lady joining our video call and I was shocked to see ...

It was none other than!!!

Ishaani...😳🤨

I couldn't believe it was her...

I saw a shocking expression on her face too. But she maintained her poise!!!

I as well tried to keep PATIENCE!!!

Pragathi introduced us formally...

'D.K this is Miss Ishaani Sharma, you loved her designs...she is the winner of young awards this year for the youngest achiever for designing and hand knitting patterns...

And Miss Ishaani... this is our boss D.K. who would finalize if he will hire you.'

Although we were on the video call I kept analysing all her expressions!!!

There was silence.

She quickly replied...
'Miss Pragati... I would want to opt out of this offer'

I was shocked...

Why did she do that.

'May I know the reason?' I cut her in between...

She promptly replied...
'I don't mix personal and professional relationships...

My sister would be marrying Mr Dhruv Kapoor soon. I was told Mr Dhruv Kapoor and Miss Pragati deals with the designers directly here!!!

I don't want my hardwork to be categorised as favours!!!'

I was shocked!!!🙄

I didn't know why but for the first time in few days...I found her sensible!

I hate to say this...

But...

I was impressed!!!🙃

Before she could speak anything further I said...

'Well Miss Sharma,

What if we assure you that we will treat you nothing more than an employee and you will not report to Mr Dhruv Kapoor...