24

Amy and her friends, Nora and Lena, were nice. They had their own little trio, and the more I spoke to them, the more I realised how close they were. I almost got the feeling that they all knew something that I didn't, and I wondered perhaps whether Amy had told them about her power. I mean, it would make sense- I'd told a few friends about my powers. It did worry me, however, that if I did end up telling Amy about my powers, then she'd most probably tell Lena and Nora. I didn't necessarily have a problem with that, but I was sure that Penelope might. Still, that wouldn't really be my fault, would it?

I didn't get the feeling that there was anything unusual about Amy, though. Not personality wise, anyway. The way she joked and spoke seemed completely natural and normal.

The day flew by, and before I knew it, it was time to go home. I was just walking down the drive when I heard my undercover name being called- it took me a moment for me to register that it was me being called. I turned to see Amy jogging towards me.

"Hey, I thought that was your silver head." She chuckled. "Where abouts do you live?"

"In the hills over the other side of town." I said, pointing in that general direction.

"Really? That's on my way home. Do you want a lift?" She asked.

My eyebrows went up. "Oh, there's really no need."

"Please, I insist." She said. "I have to go that way anyway."

"Well, alright then, thanks." I said, and she led me to her car. It was a small, blue Renault Clio, and had one of those yellow tree air fresheners hanging from the rear-view mirror. It smelt like vanilla when I hopped into the front seat.

"You got any siblings, then?" Amy asked as she pulled out of the school entrance.

"A sister." I said. "Chrissy. She's at uni at the moment, though, so she's hardly ever home."

"Nice." She said.

"You got any siblings?" I asked.

"Nah." She said. "It's just me and my uncle."

"You don't live with your parents?" I asked.

"No, my parents died a few years ago." She said.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I said, feeling bad that I'd brought it up.

"It's okay." She said, and there was a moment of awkward silence in the car. "So, do you miss being in London?" She asked, clearly trying to change the subject.

"A little." I said, technically not lying. "I miss my friends, but we still keep in contact."

"That's nice." She said. "I guess London isn't too far away if you wanted to go and visit."

"Exactly." I said. "Although, I've only been here one day and already the work is piling up. I don't think I'm gonna have time."

Amy laughed. "Yeah, I guess that's the thing with A-Levels. If you need help with art or P.E coursework, you can always ask me. I won't be much help with history, though." She chuckled.

"Thanks, I appreciate that." I said. "I have a lot of art to do. Our topic was completely different at my old school."

"Really?" She asked. "I mean, at least it's fun to do art. Not like a load of history revision."

"True, that." I said, before telling Amy to take a left turn onto an old country road lined with thick trees and foliage. "You seem pretty close with Nora and Lena?"

Amy chuckled. "Well, we've literally been friends since the first day of secondary school." She said. "I guess we just stuck."

I smiled. "It's nice. I bet you guys tell each other everything, right?"