33

I'd gone to McDonald's on the way home with Ronan and bought us both a meal, before I walked back to my apartment alone. It just gave me a bit of space to think. Of course, I'd completely forgotten that Jake was even in London until I opened the door and saw all the lights on.

"Oh, hey Mills." He said, sat on the sofa watching TV. He'd blown up an air bed just next to it, and had his bedding somewhat scattered over it.

"Hey." I said. "Alright?"

"Yeah, thanks." He said. "I hope you don't mind- I've set up camp just over here. I also restocked your fridge, and there's some left over stir-fry on the side if you want it."

I smiled. "Aw thanks, but I've just eaten."

"Ah, no worries- I'll eat it tomorrow." He said. "You were gone for a while- is everything okay?"

I was about to tell Jake that everything was fine, but then realised that there was absolutely no need to lie to him. I'd spilled all my Argent secrets out to him in the past, so why would things be any different now? Besides, I knew he'd wanna know all about it.

I sighed, and slumped down onto the sofa next to him.

"Tell me everything." Jake said, knowing that something was up.

And so I did.

__________

Jake just stared at me for a moment. "Your life is never simple, is it?"

I laughed. "Absolutely not." I said.

"Isn't it, like, normal for someone such as yourself to have an undefeatable enemy who just doesn't stay dead?" He asked. "I mean, that's what usually happens in all the movies."

I smiled. "I was rather hoping my life wouldn't end up being a like bloody movie plot."

"Are you kidding?!" Jake exclaimed. "Of course your life is a movie plot! You've got fucking super powers!"

I kept laughing. "I suppose." I said.

"But please don't kill me with this darkness thing." He said. "I've just signed a contract with this job. I don't think they'd be best pleased if I had to tell them I'd been killed via darkness."

"You're unbelievable." I chuckled. "Anyway, I'm gonna go to bed, and I'm not waking up until late tomorrow, so you better be quiet when you leave."

He smiled. "I will try. Goodnight, Millie."

"Goodnight." I said, and went to bed.

__________