Hope. (OoO S2)

Requested by @bearer_of_dragons

Cal wiped at his eyes furiously, he couldn't show his weakness to Set. But it was hard, he had just killed a person. Sometimes he wished he had never been transported to this demigod world, he would have liked to live in blissful ignorance. But it was to late for that, 'Cal, Cal, Cal, wasn't that fun?' Set voice taunted from inside his mind. Cal growled, ignoring Set. 'Ignoring me now are you? Fine, I'll let you sit here and pout. I'm going to go talk to some others, remember Cal I have the controls now.. ' Set chuckled evilly, eventually Cal could feel Set's presence leave.

Cal tried not to break down, it hurt. He sat on his bed, trying not to break down. He did breathing exercises, but he eventually broke. Salty tears fell down his face dropping on to his pillow. He tried to breathe, he couldn't breathe his throat was felt clogged. He couldn't even hear the door open, he felt a hand on his shoulder. "Breathe Cal, it's fine. One deep breathe in, hold, let it out." Cal followed along with it, they were eventually able to calm Cal down. He was finally able to tell who the voice belong to, "Xy-Xylo.. Thanks... "

He then noticed how close Xylo was, his cheeks flushed as he looked away quickly. Xylo seemed to notice this and eventually noticed the position too as he flushed pink and moved away. It was awkward as both boys looked away from eachother, eventually Xylo broke the silence.

"I guess I'm going to get going now." Xylo said, getting up. Cal grabbed his wrist, stopping Xylo from leaving.

"W-wait... Can you stay?" Cal said, looking away feeling foolish for asking.

"I-i mean s-sure, if you r-really want me t-to.. "Xylo stuttered out, his cheeks tinted pink.

Xylo went and laid down next to Cal, the mint haired boy laid down as well. They laid in silence for awhile, both boys a little tense. Eventually both boys grew tired of the silence as Cal got up. Xylo followed suit.

"Xylo.. I-.. I'm sorry.. " Xylo looked at the mint haired demigod confused.

"What do you mean?" Cal curled in on himself, already on the verge of tears.

"J-just for everything.. I-i'm not a g-good person.. " Xylo grabbed Cal shoulders to look at him, tears were falling down his face.

"Cal, don't say that. You're an amazing person, you're kind, caring, loving, and motherly. You may not be as strong as the other demigods, but you're strong in your own way. In your motherly way, don't say bad things about your self." Xylo was caressing Cal's face, wiping the tears off his face.

Cal broke, he hugged Xylo tightly not letting him go. His shoulders shook as sobs sipped out of his mouth, Xylo just hugged him tightly.

"I-i'm sorry, i-i just-" Cal was broke off by more sobs.

"Cal, it's okay.. Ssh.. " Xylo caressed Cal's face, pulling their foreheads together. Cal wasn't crying anymore, but tears occasionally fell. Cal pulled their foreheads apart, he looked at Xylo.

"Can I kiss you?" Xylo asked suddenly, Cal flushed pink but nodded softly as Xylo brought their faces together.

Their lips met in harmony, it's wasn't perfect, but it was them. 'Maybe things will be okay.. ' Cal thought as they settled down in bed. 'I'll defeat you Set, and I'll get Ricarro back.' For the first time in awhile, Cal had hope. He fell asleep with a smile on his face as he scooted closer to Xylo.

Things were good, even if it was for just awhile. 

A/N: Now got to go in post this on instagram and boom. First of all this was quite late, almost a month. Second of all, I should be working on my halloween special right now but I'm not as I'm lazy. And third of all, consent is key don't just kiss someone without their consent, cause they might slap you.