Bye-bye Birdie

"So we're still on for tonight right?" I ask Rory who is three lockers down from me.

I stuff whatever books I had in my arms into the locker. I exchange them for whatever books I needed for my last class of the day.

Tonight I was supposed to stay over at Rory's place. Since Lorelai was out of town with Emily Gilmore and my mum had to go to Hartford for the night. She was looking for a new laundry machine for us.

Someone, and by someone I mean me, forgot to take out the book from my coat pocket. That meant that the laundry machine got clogged up with paper. Not to mention the death of my Sense and Sensibility copy. Rest in peace Austen. It helped that Rory was planning to do her laundry so I could just put my clothes in with hers.

"Yup, you'll bring the movies?" She confirms with me as I loosen the tie around my neck.

I nod my head as an answer. We both slam our locker doors close. I made a move over to Rory but stopped when Paris appeared in front of me. It was as if she appeared out of thin air.

I let out a yelp of surprise, almost dropping my books. "God, you're like a pop-up book from hell!" I exclaim.

Paris just stood in front of me, her face unmoving. "I need help with chemistry tonight," she says.

"Sorry," I start apologetically. "Even if I wanted to I can't, I'm busy tonight."

She closes her eyes for a moment as if processing her disappointment. "How about you?" She turns to Rory hopefully.

Rory rubs the back of her neck. "I'm busy too."

Paris throws her hands up in exasperation. "Does no one care that I got an A minus?" She asks out loud. "Do you think Harvard or any college for that matter would except someone with an A minus in Chemistry?"

Rory and I had made a move to calm her down but Paris had already stalked off. She kept muttering to herself things like 'Do you think Thomas Edison would have gotten an A minus for chemistry? No!'

I shared a concerned glance with Rory before we went out separate ways. 

~~~

"Do you think we ordered too much?" Rory asked as we sat on the couch. We shared a menu of Sandeep's in between us while Rory had the phone in her hand.

I take a look at the list of food we had written down. "Nah, you can never order too much. Add the samosas." I tell her.

She grabs the list before writing down the newest addition. We both scan it over, making sure we had everything.

"All right, I'll order." Rory announces as she dials the number on the phone. As she was repeating our order the doorbell rang. She casts me a look to tell me to answer it.

I sigh before making my way off the couch, as slowly as possible. I made sure to add a lot of sloth noises to enunciate my distaste for getting up.

Rory sent me a glare. "Cassie," she chided as she covered the phone. She walked into the kitchen to put back the menus.

Deciding not to torture her anymore, I walked over to the door normally. I opened it to see Paris standing there. She had her backpack on and a pile of books in her hand.

She walked straight inside as if I wasn't there. "I've tried studying myself and I can't! I need your help!" She stood in the middle of the living room. Around her were piles of clothing, sorted by colour and a few movies here and there. There I was, in the middle of the room in my Winnie the Pooh pyjamas. All in all, the place looked like a mess.