Pancakes, Scrambled Eggs and Maple Syrup

Luke's diner was as busy as usual for an early Saturday morning. Miss Patty and Babette sat at their usual corner table that was, 'perfect for people watching,' according to them. Lorelai and Rory sat at their usual table with my mum beside them.

Speaking of my mum, she was still slightly bitter from our argument from last night. And by slightly bitter, I mean she hasn't spoken to me since then. But I don't think it's cause she's mad, just more of processing what she said last night. She said she accepted it. She accepted my relationship with Jess. I had a strong feeling that she regretted it, but it was too late now.

"I am not gonna do it," I tell Kirk sternly with my notepad in hand.

"Why?" He asked with a frown. "It's not like it's hard, just put the eggs on the pancake then pour maple syrup over it."

I sigh at him. Dealing with Kirk was like dealing with an overgrown toddler. "I am not gonna be an accessory to a crime," I say in distaste at his choice of meal.

"It is not a crime to want good food," Kirk argues back in his usual monotonous voice. "Luke always does it for me."

I shake my head at his lie. "No he doesn't."

Kirks nods his head in agreement, "No he doesn't," he says sadly. He opens his mouth, no doubt to ask for his ridiculous meal again but I cut him off.

"If you say that you want scrambled eggs on top of your pancakes with maple syrup one more time, I'm gonna kick you out." I tell Kirk sternly with my notepad in hand.

"You can't do that," Kirk says. "Luke wouldn't allow it."

I sent him a sarcastic smile, "Just wait till he hears your order."

"I'll have a cup of coffee and a ham on rye," he gives up with a downcast gaze toward the table.

"I thought so," I say triumphantly as I make my way to give the order to Luke who was in the kitchen.

I was stopped by Lorelai attracting my attention by waving her white tissue paper in the air as if she were from the 18th century. She had on a teasing grin as she looked at me, while Rory and my mum just stared at the table in embarrassment.

"Oh, fair maiden!" Lorelai called out in a terrible impression of one of Shakespeare's characters. When she realised that she had caught my attention, along with most of the other customers, she began to speak. "Would you be so kind, as to refill our cups of coffee?" She batted her eyelashes at me exaggeratedly.

Rory groaned at her mother before looking up at the customers watching the exchange amusingly, "I apologise for her."

Grabbing the pot of coffee, I refill the cups for the three of them. Making sure to avoid my mothers gaze, I turn back to Lorelai and Rory.

"Would that be all madam?" I ask, keeping up with her charade.

Lorleai tapped her index finger to her chin with a frown. "Hmm, I'm not sure," she began. "I might want a pony later."

"Take that up with Santa," I retort before heading over to the kitchen.

When Luke noticed me standing there with an order in my hand he took it from me. "You got Kirk to give up on his original order?" He asked.

Every time Kirk came he wanted some over the top or unbelievably weird meal, that it had become a usual routine for us. "You should be glad I did." I call out over my shoulder as I went back out.

As I passed by the curtain that led upstairs, I felt myself collide into something hard. I would've fallen down to the floor, bringing the pot of hot coffee with me if it weren't for the help of Jess. He wrapped his arm around me, making sure that I was stable enough befor letting go.