Thanksgiving

"This is gonna be too much food," My mother says from beside me.

The four of us, Lorelai, Rory, my mum and I sat at  a table in Luke's Diner as we planned out how we're gonna fit in four Thanksgiving meals in one day.

Lorelai looked at her with a gasp. "It is not," she protested. "This is what we've been training for our while lives!"

"You've been training us to die of diabetes at the age of thirty?" Rory asked with a grimace.

I cross my legs together as I sip on my coffee. "It's a good way to go," I retorted as Lorelai pointed her fork at me.

"Exactly sister," she said with a wink. "Besides, we can't bail on any of them," Lorleai aimed that last part at my mother.

"Yeah you're right," My mum groaned as she pushed around whatever food she had on her plate. "Maybe we should not eat until tomorrow," she suggested.

All movement ceased at the table as we looked at her in disbelief. Not eat? Until tomorrow? We all suddenly burst out laughing at her ridiculous joke.

"You're hilarious," Lorelai said in between fits of giggles. Rory shook her head at those two and stuffed some more food in her mouth.

"I'm a regular Shecky Greene," my mum said between forkfuls of egg.

~~~

"First stop of the day?" Rory asked from beside me as the four of us walked for our first thanksgiving meal of the day. The trees that were littered around Stars Hollow had turned into the usual orange and red of fall.

Pulling my coat tighter around my body I answered her. "The Kim's." I answer her as we look both ways before crossing the street.

"Where we will have a lot of torfukey," my mum said from in front of us where she walked with Lorelai.

"I wonder how Lane survives in this house," Lorelai voiced out once we stopped at our first destination.

Lane opens the door for us with a sad smile. "It's not without great difficulty," she says confusing all of us. She had her usual short hair in a braid that barely scrapped the tip of her shoulder.

I furrow my eyebrows at her. "You heard that?" I question surprisingly.

"The door was closed," my mum adds pointing toward the now open door. From outside, you could see the rest of the extended Kim's family bustling around inside noisily.

"Living in this house, I learnt when to know if someone's outside the door." Lane tells us quietly, making sure her mother doesn't hear.

"Oh you poor child," Rory and I say in sync before we all enter the house.

~~~

"How do we feel?" I asked everyone as we made our way to the second house for the day, Sookie's. I listen to the satisfying crunch of the dried leaves under my boots as we walked.

"I ate so much torfukey, how do you think I feel?" Lorelai said sarcastically.

"Torfukey-er?" My mum perked up from beside her.

"Sucks to be you guys," I told the two adults as Rory nodded in agreement. "When Mrs Kim wasn't looking, we spat some out into the cup."

"Damn we should've tried that," my mum said to Lorelai in despair. "Our napkin manoeuvre didn't work at all."

Lorelai patted my mums shoulder comfortingly. "Don't worry, we never would've come up with that," she told her. "They're the ones going to Ivy League schools after all."