Dissapointment

It was strange that I felt disappointed throughout the whole tour of Yale. It was what I've been dreaming of since I could talk. Yet here I was, feeling not even one ounce of excitement. The place was beautiful, that was for sure. The classes were amazing and everything.

But for some reason, it didn't live up to my expectations. Wait, that made me sound like a bitch. What I mean is, I've been thinking about it for so long, that I think I expected more. Y'know?

It's like when you've been waiting for something for so long that you start to imagine it in your head. You completely ignore the factual parts of it because you just want it so bad that you begin to make up your own version of it. The version that would fit you best.

But my mother just looked so happy and exited that I couldn't bring myself to voice my concerns. I mean, I didn't have to decide anything now. I'll still give Yale a chance.

My grandparents, along with my mum and I followed our tour guide towards what must be the law building. Rory and her family had split off to a different part, where they could talk more about her journalism.

"And over here is the law building," our tour guide, a man in his late 20's told us as he pointed to a building that looked a lot like the Notre-Dame Cathedral. Just with a lot more pointy stuff at the top. It looked ancient but in a slightly good way. It looked like it was three stories high and as wide as my grandparents house.

"So do you get a lot of internship offers from the top law firms?" My grandmother asked from behind me with her hand on my shoulder.

The tour guide, whose name I've forgotten, looked slightly less than pleased at her question. "We most certainly do, but most of them are all the way out in New York. Although we do get some from Connecticut."

His answer seemed to add to my disappointment. If most of the internships were all the way in New York, it'd be a lot harder to have to study here. But this was what I wanted, it's what I've been waiting for. Yale, it was my goal in life. My grandfather made a sigh from beside my mother that signalled his disapproval of the answer. He was one of those guys the could singlehandedly ruin your career with one look but on the inside he was a one big old softie.

"Well, uh, let's continue the tour." The tour guide said uneasily at the unimpressed stance both my grandparents took. They could be the scariest pair ever when they try.

~~~

"It was very nice of Richard to set up that interview for you and Rory, wasn't it?" My grandmother commented from the passenger seat of the car on the way back from Stars Hollow.

Richard had set up a surprise interview, mainly for Rory, but had been nice enough to give me one as well. The interview went smoothly, but I just wished that I had been told beforehand. I didn't like being unprepared, it made me freak out a lot.

"It was very nice of him," I answered my grandmother from the backseat beside my mother.

My mother crossed her arms over her chest. "He should've told us," she muttered. She didn't like being kept in the dark, especially when it came to important things. Must be where I got it from.

"Maybe you should do an interview at Cambridge." My grandfather chimed in.

"Papa," my mum scolded from beside me.

My grandfather sent my mum a look from the review mirror. "What?" He asked innocently. "Cassie won't mind will you?" He aimed at me.

I didn't really wanna go. But I couldn't exactly say that. So I said something that was in the middle of a 'yes' and an 'I don't know'. It came out sounding a lot like an "Eh?"