The Lion King

The Gilmores and Quinn's try to have a movie night together at least once a week. Usually they'd be at The Crap Shack but tonight was an exception at the fact that Maria had bought a new movie for tonight. She wouldn't reveal what it was until everyone was ready to watch.

"Tonight, Ladies and Ladies," My mother announced as she stood in front of the couch, facing the three of us.

Lorelai sat on the couch with her legs propped up on the other end. Rory and I sat on the floor with our backs against the couch. There was a bowl of popcorn in Lorelai's lap as her daughter occasionally stuck her hand in for a handful. The lights were dimmed and the tv showed nothing but the usual static you'd get when there's nothing in the tv.

My mum had her hands behind her back, hiding the cd from us as she spoke. "As you all, know tonight is a very enticing-"

"Get on with it!" Lorelai booed as she threw a few pieces of pop corn in my mums face. "Just tell us what it is!"

Sending a glare her way, my mum continues on. "As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted," she sent a stink eye Lorelai's way. Who resorted to throwing more pop corn at my mum while she stuck her tongue out.

"Children," Rory voiced out as if she were Mrs Doubtfire. "Play nice," she gave the two a pointed look. Most of the time Rory acted like she was the parent taking care of three overgrown toddlers.

"Yeah, and don't waste food." I picked up a few pieces of popcorn that fell near me before popping it into my mouth.

My mother straightened her stance and started speaking again. "Today's choice of movie is one that will fill you with a lot of emotions and-"

"Hurry up!" Lorelai groaned as her arm hung off ten couch. "We're dying!"

"Hush!" My mother chided her. She went back to her original announcement. "It's a fine piece of work that-"

Lorleai picked a pillow off the floor that rested by my side before throwing it in my mums face. She staggered back, trying to regain her balanced. "All I'm hearing is blah blah blah," she remarked as my mum went red in the face.

She picked up the pillow before throwing it back at Lorelai with full force, narrowly missing the bowl of pop corn. "Fine! It's The Lion King!" She gave up before showing us all the cd behind her back. She put in into the tv and grabbed the remote.

As she set it all up I whispered to Lorelai quietly. "Thank you," I whisper in gratitude that my mother didn't have to go on and on. Sometimes she went a bit over the top.

"You ruined it for everyone," My mother said to Lorelai as she pushed her feet of the couch and sat next to her. "Get your feet away," she scolded before playing the movie.

~~~

"Who needs this many board games?" I ask as I look inside the open cupboard. Rory and I were inside her new neighbours house, as she watered all his many plants. The place looked like someone was high when they decorated it. There was a fish tank full of fake fish, not live fish, fake fish. To make matters worse, the guy told Rory to feed them.

Rory looked over at me from her place behind the kitchen counter, a small dark brown watering can in her hand. "Maybe he lives with Dr Seuss?"

I put my school bag on the floor as I check the messages on the answering machine. Personally, I found it a bit weird if someone went through my messages but seeing how the guy decorated his house, I shouldn't be surprised that he asked Rory to do that as well.

There were the usual messeges you'd get while you're away but there was one that really stuck out. Well, more like screamed out. It was from his ex wife who he stole all the board games from. She was yelling about how he could never escape her and if that didn't scream psycho I don't know what did.