When She Sees My Face I Hope It Gives Her Hell

"What are you doing?" Dean asked with a glare as he approached me outside my house.

I went outside to get the mail and take out the trash. The cool evening breeze hitting my face, making my hair fall into my eyes.

"More like what are you doing here, Dean." I correct him as I stuff the big black bag in my left hand into the trash can by the mail box. "This is my house after all. Did you just wait for me to come out?"

"Do you know how upset Rory is?" He ignored my comment. "Why did you have to say those things to her?"

I slam the mail box close at his words. I turn towards him, his accusing tone getting on my nerves quickly. Dean had a way of doing that to a lot of people. "Those things, that you're talking about that made her so upset, that's the truth."

He shakes his head at me while taking a few steps closer. "No it's not!" He tells me, his voice rising slightly. "I've known you for years! You wanted to go to Yale!"

"Yes I did," I agree with him as I cross my hands in front of my chest in a protective stance. "But people change, and I am going to Columbia," I tell him challengingly.

"This is because of Jess, isn't it?" He spat his name out as if it was some kind of poison. "He's no good for anyone in this town."

I point my finger at his face with a glare  and walk toward him. "You better watch how you're talking about him," I warn.

He laughs bitterly before cocking his head to the side. "I bet you that he planted that idea in your head because he wanted you to be in New York with him."

"You are unbelievable!" I exclaim as I ran a hand through my hair. "This has nothing to do with you! It's not like I'm your girlfriend!"

"You're right, you're not my girlfriend," he began with a clenched jaw. "But Rory is, and right now she's at home feeling upset!"

"Oh boo hoo," I say sarcastically with a fake frown. "She's a big girl, Dean. She doesn't need you to kiss her boo boo's"

"No, but when there's something I can do to stop her from questioning everything then I'll do it!" He yells back

I held my arms wide open with a smirk. "Well there's nothing you can do now," I say with open arms inviting him to try anything. I may be like an Oompa Loompa next to him but he didn't scare me one bit.

"There's always something you can do," He says smugly as I frown at him. "You can't stop me from trying."

I scoff at his words and send him a withering look. "What are you gonna do? Rip up my Columbia acceptance form and make me go to Yale just so that your precious little girlfriend's feelings aren't hurt?" I ask sarcastically.

"I don't give a damn where you go to school!" He shouts as he bunches up the sleeves on his leather jacket. "You can go to Columbia, Yale or freaking New Zealand for all I care! Just fix things with Rory!"

"I have nothing to apologise for!" I yell back, letting my anger get the best of me. How dare he say that I should be the one to apologise. "She's the one who won't accept that I have a different plan than her. You can't have one person plan for two people!"

"Did you know that she made a scrapbook of how your shared dorms would be like?" He asked me. His words made me feel a bit bad about what I said to Rory the other day. "She planned it all out, she always told me how much fun it would be."

Rory was always like that, I should've seen it coming when she told me how excited she was that we were going to the same college. But I wasn't gonna give Dean the satisfaction. "You seem to forget that she was gonna go to Harvard," I fire back through gritted teeth. "You didn't see me crying just cause we were going to different schools."