Chapter 11

Tendou had been in favor of the plan to make chocolates to hand out during your presentation so you were excited to start planning.

However, there was still something you needed to do before then. Tendou was coming over again tomorrow to work on the presentation and you had promised him dinner.

You spent your free time on Friday reviewing the recipe on youtube. You had found a video of a lady cooking with a dog next to her, that made making omurice look easy, so you watched it again and again.

When Saturday rolled around you knew the recipe by heart, all that was left now was to not mess up in the evening. You went to the store in the morning, making sure to get something for lunch and a box of Pocky for Tendou as well as the ingredients for dinner.

Your parents had a late night again, you had made sure to check that before confirming with Tendou that your plans were still on. 

It was around 10 am when the doorbell rang and you let Tendou into your home for the second time. You had decided to meet a little earlier so you would be able to get away with goofing off for a little bit aside from working on your presentation.

He was carrying a few books and told you that he had gone to the library before catching his train. He told you he had asked the librarian to bring him every book they had concerning Belgium.

You weren't very surprised to see him carrying only three books.

"There were two others, in English, but I skipped on those for now. We can try with these and if it's not enough I'll get the English ones next time." He told you and you agreed.

"This one's a children's book?" You stated more than asked as you flipped the book around to look at the synopsis.

"Yeah, it's set in Antwerp. It's pretty famous apparently, even though I've never heard of it." He flopped down on the same chair he had used last time.

"A dog of Flanders." You read out loud as you sat down next to Tendou. "Never heard of it either. Let's read this if either of us has some time left."

"Sure." He agreed and opened one of the other books, handing you the third.

"Are you going to write the essay, or should I do it? The final one I mean." He asked you after flipping a few of the pages.

You thought for a moment. "I guess I'll be doing most of the work on the chocolates, so maybe you should write the essay?"

"Well that sounds just a little unfair now doesn't it?" He said, raising an eyebrow.

"How about if I let you do all the tasting?" You asked a teasing grin appearing on your face.

"How about you do half of the work and I only do half of the tasting?" He compromised, not letting you get away with slacking off on the project.

"Alright, alright we'll both write the essay." You gave in and opened up your laptop to get started on just that.

You both worked until lunch, recognizing that you had a lot of work left ahead of you since last weekend was more gaming than working. After lunch, you played a few rounds of Street Fighter, followed by a bit of Tekken 6. You cut it short this time though, to make sure you didn't do a repeat of last time.

When it became time to get started on dinner, you felt yourself getting a bit nervous. Even though you had a backup plan, you still felt strongly that you didn't want to fail in front of Tendou.

"You uh... Just watch some tv or something while I get dinner ready." You told him out of the blue as you got up from your seat at the dining table making Tendou look up at you, slightly taken aback.