Chapter 23

The next two weeks consisted of you and your parents heading from one sight to see to another. It was tiring, but also very fun and fulfilling.

You shared some shots of things you thought might interest him with Tendou, but most of the time you were too busy to talk with him much. In the evenings you were more available, on the days when you ate in one of the hotel's restaurants instead of going out to eat dinner.

On your day trips, you kept your eyes peeled for suitable souvenirs for Tendou as well as your other friends. In the end, you settled for little pineapple cakes for everyone. You were not sure if Tendou was a fan of pineapple, but since you weren't and you had found the cakes delicious anyway, you figured it didn't really matter.

On a visit to one of the night markets, near the end of your vacation, you found yourself at a stall that sold countless jade keychains and phone charms. There were a few that caught your eye and you wondered for a moment if you should bring a few for your closer friends in addition to the cakes.

In the end, you decided not to, since you had read that most of the tourist shops carried fake jade and buying real jade would be a bit too expensive, even if you only bought it for your close friends.

You remained in doubt for the rest of your trip however and when you spotted a keychain in a shop. The shop was government-sponsored, which you had learned meant that they carried real jade. The keychain in itself was very simple, a leaf, which you later learned was modeled after a Taiwanese maple, with white veins.

The contrast between the green of the leaf and the delicate, white veins was what attracted you to the piece most. The price was corresponding to the quality though, so there was no way you would be able to buy multiples. Not that there was more than one of them, this was obviously different from the mass-produced souvenirs in the market stalls.

The fact that there was only one did make your decision a little bit easier. You told your parents that you wanted to come back here on your last day and if it was not sold by then, you would buy it. You could still figure out who to give it to later.

When your last day came you returned and found the leaf still there, so you went ahead and bought it.

In the evening you went up to Taipei 101 which had been the tallest building in the world, opened to the public, until January of this year when a building in Dubai took its place.

Nevertheless, going up to the 89th floor of the building was an incredible experience. The view was amazing and even made your head spin if you looked down too straight. It was another thing you felt like sharing, so you snapped another picture and sent it to Tendou.

'Last day, and the view is even more amazing than on the first. (✿✧∪✧) '

It took a little while before you got a response.

'So you're coming back tomorrow? (*^-^*)'

'Yup! The plane leaves around ten, so we'll be landing at around four.'

'Did you take into account the one hour time difference? (・・?)'

'。(*^▽^*)ゞ We'll be landing at around five.'

After that message, it went quiet for a while and you were already on your way back to the hotel when he responded.

'Sorry for going mia. Do you want to meet up one of these days?'

The fact that this was the second time he had asked made you really want to tell him that you wanted to see him the day right after you got back, but that wasn't what you replied.

'My parents still have the rest of the week off so is it okay to do it next week?'

'Yeah, no problem.'