Chapter 19

Tendou's mother had just dropped you both off at the dorms and you agreed to meet up with Tendou in five minutes to go eat dinner in the cafeteria. You put your bags away first and freshened up a little bit before making your way back to the entrance.

Tendou already stood waiting for you and fell into step with you as you exited the building. 

You met a few people along the way who had probably already eaten and were returning to their rooms. When you arrived it was an unusual sight. Only a few students were seated and most of the chairs were upturned on the table.

"It's kind of creepy like this." You told Tendou as you took a plate and cutlery. "It kind of makes me feel like I'm in a horror movie or something."

This made him chuckle and he placed a hand on your shoulder. "Don't worry we're probably only extras and will be killed off-camera."

"Tendou!" You chided him as you picked out your food. "Don't make it worse."

"Well, if you want the best chance of survival I suggest you butter up to that guy over there." He said as he not so subtly pointed to one of the students that were already seated. "He looks like he would be the main lead of the movie.

But then again, that girl over there, she really has this 'heroine' vibe to her, doesn't she? You'll have to compete with her if you want to get out of here alive."

You nudged him with your elbow. "Stop it already! If I can't sleep tonight and mess up our presentation it's going to be on you!"

"Alright, alright. You're a scaredy-cat, noted." He said as you both sat down at the nearest table.

You kept your banter going for the duration of your meal and after complaining to him about how he had only eaten half of his food again, you cleaned up and went back to the dorms.

He walked you to your door again, but before you could tell him goodnight he told you to wait until he returned and he hurried off.

You awkwardly remained in the doorway for a while, not having a clue how long he'd be gone. Just when you were about to retreat inside to wait for him there you saw him return.

"I'm sorry you had to stand here so long." He apologized and you told him it was fine,he didn't need to rush.

He scratched the back of his head sheepishly before he started talking. "I know it's not really the same now,since we're not at your house or anything. But I still wanted to give you this."

He held out his hands and you saw the two gachapon balls contained inside.

"Aww! Thank you!" You said as he gave you the capsules.

"I should probably not be cheating so early on in the training,but honestly, I didn't know if there were going to be many opportunities to give them to you in the future." He explained and you tried your best to cover up the sad smile you knew adorned your face.

"I told you already didn't I?" You told him as you put the gachapon to the side on your desk. You then took hold of his hand and gave it a squeeze.

"For my part, you're welcome to come over whenever. My parents are going on multiple business trips so you can even sleep over again if you want."

He sighed. "I'm sorry for being such a drag sometimes. It's just... You are probably the only person in this whole school who knows how weird this is for me. You know... The whole 'being friends' thing?

I can consider you a friend right?"

'You could consider me as a whole lot more if you wanted to.'