Chapter 21

You woke up on Saturday morning to the sound of your father rushing through the hall. It happened often when your mother wasn't home that he overslept and after sneaking a look at the time you figured that was exactly what had happened today as well.

Sitting up with a yawn, you stretched before getting up to get dressed. You had no idea what you would be doing today so you went with something comfortable.

Going to the arcade crossed your mind but you didn't feel like riding the train again already, so in the end, you decided to just stay home and get your homework for the weekend out of the way first. Maybe you would think of something to do while you were at it.

You were about to tackle the last of your assignments when you got a message on your phone.

'What are you up to this weekend (・・?)'

It was from Tendou and you planned on ignoring the message at first, but then reminded yourself that he had done nothing wrong and replied.

'I'm getting my homework out of the way so I won't be distracted for the rest of my weekend.'

It didn't take him long to answer.

'Oho? Big plans then? (。・o・。)'

You let out a sad little chuckle.

'Nope. Nothing.'

His reply came quickly again.

'What? You don't want to be distracted from doing nothing (゚▽゚`*)? Just admit that you wanted to do your homework because you were missing school (ᗒᗜᗕ)՛̵̖'

Somehow you didn't have the energy to reply.

'Sure.'

It took him a little longer to answer this time and you wondered if you should have tried to cover up your feelings better.

'Is everything alright? Did I upset you? I only joke about your dedication to school because I'm in the same boat as you, you're just better at making the best of it.'

You considered telling the truth for a split second but decided against it and instead opted to tell you about the other thing that had you feeling down.

'Sorry, I'm kind of in a bad mood. My mom won't be home again this weekend, and my dad is working late as well... (¬_¬)'

His answer actually elicited a smile from you.

'You should have told me sooner. That sounds like it would have been an opportune moment for some more training (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑'

You put your school books to the side and got into a more comfortable position for texting. It was actually the first time Tendou had mentioned coming over first.

'Ugh! What a missed opportunity! I could have gotten another dog! I have two bulldogs in a bun now, I want the other hot dog =3= '

You looked at the three dogs on the corner of your desk. The two bulldogs were the same figure but had different colors. There was a color variant of the dachshund as well and you really wanted it.

As you stared at the little figurines, ignoring the notifications of your phone for a moment, you started feeling so petty. You should be happy that he had a bunch of friends and felt at ease in his club.

Instead, you had been jealous.

You could have had a fun Saturday, but you had rather let your petty feelings get in the way.

So what if you weren't some 'special' friend to him? You were still good friends and had a lot of fun right?

Ignoring the messages he had sent after your last you started typing again.