𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬-𝗧𝗪𝗢

Charnaé Joni Sorell

"How you feeling muffin?" I asked rubbing her forehead

"How you feeling muffin?" I asked rubbing her forehead. I quickly grabbed the water from her bedside putting the straw to her lips. She drank some before laying her head back down.

"I'm okay, what are you doing here? And where's your hair?" She squinted her eyes making me laugh.

"I cut it off." I smiled.

She twisted her face up before smiling. "I like it."

"So do I." I kissed her forehead.

"Where's everybody else?" She leaned up looking around the empty room.

"Most of them went home to change. They should be back soon."

"What happened?" She asked.

"Somebody broke into DeMarcus' house and killed him and his fiancé, I'm guessing that's who she was. I didn't know you still communicated with them." I said folding my arms. "They drugged you guys somehow. You had enough Doxylamine in your system to have you out for 3 days."

"Damn." She rubbed her head. "Why didn't they kill me?"

"I don't know, but I'm glad they didn't. Tomorrow you have an interview with the police, but I'll be right there." I said and she nodded. We both looked over to the door as Roddy walked in. He froze staring at me before walking up to Reese's bedside.

"You okay?" He asked her.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She nodded. "Don't you two need to talk?"

"Talk about what? I don't think we need to talk." I shook my head.

"Yeah, I think so, c'mon." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder leading me out the hospital room. "I like your hair. It makes you look grown woman fine." He said causing me to laugh.

"Roddy, please." I rolled my eyes. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Well, I didn't know you were coming home. Are you home for good?" He asked as we sat in the cafeteria.

"No, actually I'm permanently moving. I'm just here for right now. Our business just took off and Cee's too excited." I said.

"Congrats! I'm proud of you." He nudged my shoulder.

"Thanks." I smiled. "So, what's going on with this music? I haven't heard nothing from you since Ballin'." I said.

"Yeah, I lost my motivation. Ion think it's for me like that." He shook his head.