𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘

Charnaé Joni Sorell

I closed the front door quietly, locking it before speed walking down the driveway towards the car that was parked in front of my house

I closed the front door quietly, locking it before speed walking down the driveway towards the car that was parked in front of my house. My parents were pretty chill on me going out, but if my dad saw my outfit, he'd have a fit.

"There our bitch go." Moni said as I climbed into the backseat of their rental.

"Hey, y'all." I smiled. "Where we going?"

"Girl just shut up and ride." Teasha said pulling off as soon as my door closed. Not much longer after, we pulled up to Naka's Broiler. We all got out the car and walked inside meeting up with my other cousins from my mother's side of course. We exchanged greetings and hugs before sitting down.

"Welcome to Naka's, my name is Jalisa and I'll be your server for today. May I start you off with some drinks?" The friendly waitress smiled.

"I'll take a sweet tea, please." I smiled back before opening my menu as if I hadn't been here a million times.

"Lemonade for me." Genesis went next.

"Y'all got Sprite? I'll take a Sprite." Ivy said.

"Okay, no problem," She said stopping her writing once she'd gotten all our drinks. "You guys ready to order now? Or do you need a minute?" She asked. We decided to order all at once. Once Jalisa was done taking our order she left the table, but not before letting us know she'd be back with our drinks.

"Well as you all know our annual couscation is coming up and we have a new member that'll be coming with us to Cancun this year." My eldest cousin Isla pointed at me as we all fake cheered. I had waited years to make it here, literally. "Now, it is our plan to go at the beginning of summer, so start saving accordingly. This one is going to be one for the books."

"How long we going for?" Giana asked letting her hair down from the ponytail that held her scalp captive.

"As of right now, it is a week long trip. However, it could lengthen or shorten depending on the individual." Isla answered as Jalisa placed our drinks down. We talked and laughed a bit more in between eating our food and two hours later we were saying our goodbyes.

"See y'all later, love y'all." I called out to them waving as I climbed back into the backseat of the rental. "That was fun, but a bitch full as hell and ready to nap." I leaned my head against the seat.

"You ain't napping yet. You got another surprise coming." Moni pulled off, her foot heavy on the gas. She drove for another 45 minutes before we pulled up to an empty building.

"What we doing here?" I asked looking around at nothing. This don't look like another surprise to me.

"This is your shop! We're opening up another Monte's and you're gonna run this one from here, while we keep the one back home. I know you tired of working up under Pops, and you can even get Lee and Reese in here with you." Teasha said excited.