𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

Celie Reneé Grant

"You sure about this Naé?" I asked, unsure as we stood at the airplane's doorway

"Yeah." She sighed nodding. We picked up our carryons and boarded the plane, quickly finding our seats. I was shocked when Naé asked me to come with her London. Nothing was holding me here, I was a 28 year old divorcee, who lived with her grandma. London sounded like a good start over.

"Who the hell is that banging on my door at 3 in the morning?!" My grandma yelled from her bedroom.

"I got it, gramma! Go back to sleep!" I yelled back. I swung the door open with a mug on my face. It immediately softened when I saw Naé. "Naé? What are you doing here?" I asked pulling her inside.

"I can't take it anymore, Cee. I gotta get outta here." She said tears streaming down her face. She looked horrible. Her eyes were dark, sunken, and swollen and her face was pale.

"Who is it, Celie?!" My grandma yelled again.

"Nobody! Go to bed, woman!" I yelled back rolling my eyes. "Come on, babes." We went to my room and I sat on the bed. She sat next to me laying her head on my lap. "Maybe you should take a vacation for a while." I suggested shrugging while I rubbed her hair. She didn't say anything for a while, then she popped up her eyes wide.

"London. Lets move to London. We can start a fashion brand and modeling company." She said.

"That sounds like a great plan." I said. "When are you thinking, next yea-"

"Tomorrow." She said, cutting me off.

"Tomorrow?" I cocked my head back.

"Yes, I'll buy the tickets now. You start packing, bring everything. We won't be back for a while. I gotta go do the same." She got up rushing out my room. She stopped in her tracks before turning around and running back into my room. She wrapped me in a big hug. "You're the best friend ever!" She squealed before rushing out again. Seconds later I heard the door slam.

"Who the hell is that slamming my door!?" Grandma yelled. It finally hit me, I'm moving to London!

We finally got off the plane after 10 hours of nonstop flying. My body still felt like I was in the air. We walked inside the airport to the baggage claim. Grabbing our bags, we stepped outside looking around. I closed my eyes taking a deep breath. This was my first time being outside of the states.

We caught a taxi and Naé asked him to take us to a hotel. It was about a 45 minute drive from the airport and the sun had just set. I watched in awe as the city lit up. "C'mon girl." Naé said as she got out. I followed her lead and we grabbed our bags before walking into the nice ass hotel.