𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘

Charnaé Joni Sorell

I looked into my phone screen running my hands through my platinum bob that I'd gotten Charlee to install

I looked into my phone screen running my hands through my platinum bob that I'd gotten Charlee to install. She had a real knack for doing hair, I don't know why she won't take it serious. I was doing interviews today and I wanted to make sure that everything was perfect. I decided to appoint Lee and Reese my shift managers. I also hired two boys last week. With the building in its last stretch, I decided we could finish it ourselves. And by ourselves, I mean Roddy and the other boys.  I adjusted my blouse just as the first two girls came in. Hmm 10 minutes early. I wrote a note down in my 'BOSS B*TCH' notebook.

"Hi." I stood, a smile on my face.

"Hello, Kiely." The first girl held her hand out shaking mine. Professional.

"How are you? Nevaeh." She hugged me. A bit personal, but friendly.

"I'm well. We're going to give the other girls about 20 minutes maybe and then we'll go ahead and start the interview. In the meantime, tell me a bit about yourselves and why you would like to work for me. Nevaeh, would you like to lead?" I dictated.

"Sure. Well, my name is Nevaeh Wilson, I am 20 years old. I'm a single older sister, my mother died a few years back and my father was never in my life much due to drugs, so I was left with the responsibility of raising my little sister who is 15 now. Since then I've been bouncing from job to job, it's hard for me to actually stay at one because eventually, I end up getting fired, due to my record." She looked down embarrassed. I saw Kiely's eyes buck before she looked away as if saying 'Ouu chile.'

I nodded my head writing some things down before looking back up at her. "Would you mind sharing why? Or is that something that you'd feel more comfortable speaking about in private?"

"No, it's fine." She waved her hand. "I got caught shoplifting some food, pads, and other hygiene products when I was younger. It never went away." She said.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Kiely, would you like to go?" I asked as the other girls came in. "Give me one moment. How are you?" I stood smiling as they approached the table.

"Hey, Alani." She shook my hand making eye contact. Pretty.

"Nice to meet you, Celie." She said, nervous. I sat back down and the other girls followed. I signaled the waiter letting him know we were ready for our brunch.

"If you ladies don't already know, my name is Charnaé Sorell and this is for a position at Monte's which is my family's shop. We also have a location out in Miami and we're hoping to upgrade to Atlanta within the next few years." I introduced myself as the waiter placed everything down. We all said our thank yous and he left. "Before you ladies joined us, I was getting to know Ms.Nevaeh and Kiely. Kiely if you would like to continue and then after her, we can meet Celie and then Alani." I motioned my hand towards her before sipping on my orange juice.