𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗣𝗧.𝟮

Rodrick Wayne Moore Jr.

I sat in my room staring at the walls

I sat in my room staring at the walls. Everybody had left me here to go to Naé's wedding and I was currently going in on my second bottle of Hennessy for the night. I was too intoxicated to go make music and too depressed to go out. Taj it is. I dialed her number listening to it ring before her voice came over the phone. "Wassup? You wanna come over?" I asked. She'd been giving me the cold shoulder since game night, but everybody knew I was on go behind Naé.

"You sound drunk." She said.

"Depressed, yes. Tipsy, yes. Drunk, not yet." I shrugged. "I just need you to be with me right now."

"Fine, I'll be over in 20." She said. She hung the phone up and I stared at it for a long time. I pressed Naé's contact, listened to it ring once, and then hung it up. The happiness in her voice when she talked about her getting married really made me think. Maybe this was best for her. If the baby is mine, I still want to be in it's life, but if she doesn't want me to I'll still make sure to support them financially. Even if she doesn't need me to. Shit, I need to smoke. I rolled up and lit my blunt just as Taj walked through the door. I knew she was just a rebound and I think she knew that too, but shit I needed to feel anything but this.

"Hey." She said climbing on the bed with me.

"Wassup?" I said handing her the blunt. She turned on the TV before pushing my hand away from her. "You never wanna smoke with a nigga, like I'm dirty a'sumn." I said scrunching my face up.

"Please Rodrick." She held her hand up looking annoyed already. She could've stayed home if she was gon' be on this shit. I needed somebody to get my mind off of Naé, not cause more issues for me. I decided to drop the issue and just enjoy her being her with me.

"Lemme ask you sumn, how come you don't never pay a nigga no mind?" I asked genuinely curious.

"Because we're friends." She said in a duh tone.

"Yeah, but I tried to make a move on you before, but you be acting like you don't see a nigga trying."

"Yeah, cause you don't like me forreal." She said laughing.

I scrunched my face up. Was she my first choice? No. But to say I didn't like her, maybe also no. Man, fuck that. I grabbed the back of her neck pulling her close to me.

"Rodrick, stop!" She said jumping off the bed. "You're so damn pushy, shit."

"The fuck is wrong with you?" I said.

"No, fuck is wrong with you. You fucking dumbass." She yelled grabbing her things. I was genuinely confused as to what was going on. Probably because I was drunk and high, but shit.