𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬-𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥

Charlee Josi Sorell

I rushed out the car into the precinct holding my stomach

I rushed out the car into the precinct holding my stomach. I had gotten into the habit of rubbing and touching it in random times. I wanted baby to feel the warmth of me at all times, even though he or she was inside me. "Naé, you okay?" I found her touching her shoulder. Her face was swollen which was expected since she'd been crying all day.

"No." She said sadly and I sat down next to her wrapping her in my arms. "She looked so scared." I couldn't imagine how hard it was for Naé to watch them take Reese away in cuffs. God, when are we going to get a break?

"What about Roddy and Donbo?" I asked. "Did you tell Daddy?"

"Yeah, they're on the way now and I bailed them out. Just waiting on them to hurry the fuck up and release them." She said the ending part a little loud earning us a stare and a chuckle from the black woman who sat at the desk. I don't know when Naé became a hard ass, but it definitely wasn't before Roddy.

"Where's my daughter?" Daddy burst through the door in a panic.

"Daddy it's okay!" I stood waving him over. Shortly after, Christopher came in with Rj and Vonnie. I liked Christopher, I didn't know much about him besides the fact that he truly loved my sister and wanted to do right by her.

"You wanna go for a walk?" He said as he rested Rj in my arms.

"Yeah." She nodded letting out a breath before standing.

"C'mon, I got you." He said holding her as they walked out the door. I checked my watch bouncing my leg. I just dropped Veejay off to physical therapy and didn't have to pick him up for another hour and then I had my gender reveal appointment. I was taking Vee so he could find out the gender, I just wanted to give birth to a healthy, beautiful baby so I decided to let it be a surprise.

Almost 30 minutes later, Roddy and Donbo were released. "What the hell y'all niggas done got y'all selves into?" Daddy slapped hands with them as they walked out. We all got up walking out the precinct.

"Shit man, we got pulled for intent to distribute. That aint shit for us to beat though." Roddy smiled. "Who bailed us out? They wouldn't even let us call anybody."

"Naé." I said with my arms folded. His smile dropped and he cleared his throat.

"Well we'll catch up later." He said as Christopher walked back with Naé on his back. She looked so much happier and that fact that he could change her mood in minutes was amazing. They walked up to us and as soon as Naé jumped down Donbo wrapped her in a hug.

"Thank you, Bous."

"No problem." She said rubbing his back. "I got enough to spare. It was Chris' idea though, if it wasn't for him only one of you would've made it out." She smiled. Donbo dapped Christopher up while Roddy stood there with his mad ass. I really wanted Donbo to get on his ass like I knew he could, but he would never check him in front of company.