𝗦𝗜𝗫

Charnaé Joni Sorell

"Tilt your head to the right a little bit

"Tilt your head to the right a little bit. Yeah." Ry Ann instructed as she took my pictures. She snapped a few more from different angles before handing my phone to me.

"Yeah, I like that one." I said standing from my squatting position and shaking my legs out. We were t-minus 40 minutes away from the grand opening of Monte's and I was nervous as hell.

"You sure you okay Naé?" She asked concerned. I nodded before walking away. I always enjoyed decorating and planning events, but now I was second-guessing myself. What if nobody liked the interior? Or the items that I picked out the catalog? What if there wasn't enough goodie bags? I walked to the back going inside my office, closing the door behind me I stood looking out the window.

There was a light knock on the door before it opened causing me to turn around. "Hey, babygirl."

"Hey, daddy." I pouted. I knew that he knew something was wrong because I always liked to isolate myself when I needed to think.

"What's on your mind?" He said sitting on the edge of my desk.

"I don't feel like I did good enough. What if I left some things out? Or people don't like it?" I stressed.

"Well babygirl, I've never known you to care about what other people think. This is a big step and a big move for you. You're getting your own and I'm so very proud of you. I know my telling you in here looks amazing don't matter because you think I'm supposed to say that since I'm daddy, but this is what you built and created. If you not happy and proud of it then how do you expect other people to be?" He said shifting my whole perspective. "This is all you. Daddy didn't help and Mommy didn't either. And it's about damn time cause you and your sisters running me broke. This your palace, your kingdom. You built it and you should be proud of it."

I nodded my head smiling. "You right, daddy. I did work hard and I'm proud of it. Damn proud."

"That's what I'm talking about!" He cheered. "Now get over here and give me a hug, while you looking like a purple highlighter." He joked making us laugh. I hugged him tight and he rocked us back and forth. "I love you, girl. No matter how old you get you always gonna be my baby girl. My first born."

"Aww daddy, are you crying?" I asked looking up at him in the hug.

"No, it's dusty as hell in here. You need to do some better cleaning next time." He said before we burst out laughing again. "Now let's go. You look amazing, this shop looks amazing, and you got some guests to greet in a little while." He left out giving me a moment to compose myself. As soon as I walked out I bumped into Roddy.

"Hey, babe." I said kissing his lips. With my boots, I was the same size as him. My little leprechaun.

"Wassup, mama. You ready to go?" He asked.