𝗧𝗪𝗢

Charnaé Joni Sorell

"Hey girl, get up." My mother shook me awake.

"What?" I groaned closing my eyes again.

"What?" I heard her say. Y'all ever seen the Soulja Boy interview when Charlemagne said Drake had the biggest come back? Yeah, like that. "You got 3 seconds to get ya narrow ass out this bed Joni. 1." I heard her begin to count. I hopped out my bed faster than a toaster strudel out the toaster and begin fixing my bed.

"Morning, mommy." I smiled at her once I was done.

"Morning, heifer." She laughed. "Go brush your teeth and meet me in the kitchen."

I quickly did my morning routine and found my mother in the kitchen with Vonnie playing in her play pen not too far away. "Where's Reese and Lee?" I asked noticing the house was quiet except for the music my mother had playing.

"They went with your daddy to the store." She answered. "Start peeling those potatoes."

"Aww, I wanted to go." I pouted and began doing what I was told. Call me childish, but I was a mama's girl and an even bigger daddy's girl.

"Well, you snooze you lose. Literally." She said and began laughing like she'd told the biggest joke ever.

"Gir-." I rolled my eyes laughing at her silliness. I noticed most of the food was already cooked, she just needed the muffins out the oven and the hash browns from the potatoes I was peeling and cutting. It didn't take me long to do that and my mother put them in the pan and started cooking them just as I heard the doorbell ring. "Gigi" I squealed throwing my arms around my grandmother.

"Hey, baby." She laughed hugging me back. "Girl, I just saw you 2 days ago."

"I know that. I still missed you." I rolled my eyes at her.

"Mhm, where my son?" She asked looking around the house.

"He took Lee and Reese to the store. Mama in the kitchen and Vonnie in the play pen." I told her pointing and she headed for Von.

"Hey Gigi's little princess. You're so beautiful." She cooed at her. Hmph. Where was my attention? I walked back upstairs to my room to grab my phone. In the midst of my mother waking me up this morning I forgot to take it off the charger. My heart skipped a beat when I saw I had a text from Roddy.

+1 (310) 510-8141
How'd u get my number little girl 🙄

when i want something, i go after it until i get it

+1 (310) 510-8141
Well you gon be goin a long time
Now stop texting my phone before I tell ya dad

what is it? am i not pretty enough? like what? cause i never been rejected before 🙁

+1 (310) 510-8141
Nah you just not my type
You too stuck up
Wouldn't last a day in the girls where I'm from shoes

"Stuck up?" I frowned. Whatever. Fuck him. I could have any nigga I want. But you don't want any nigga you want Roddy, bitch. I argued with myself. I pushed it into the back of my mind and decided not to think about it since it was nothing I could do about it. I went into my closet looking for something to wear.

 I went into my closet looking for something to wear