𝗧𝗘𝗡 𝗣𝗧.𝟮

Charnaé Joni Sorrell

I hopped out the car not even caring that Roddy hadn't come to a full stop. Running inside I patiently waited on the customers to leave before turning off the light that read 'OPEN' in bold pink letters.

"Get your stuff and get your bitch ass out my shop." I spoke pointing for the door. She looked taken aback. "You such a trifling ass hoe, I don't know how I didn't see it sooner. Everybody warned me about your trifling ass too."

"Bitch, boo." She jumped at me. See cause now I'm gon' beat her ass. I began taking off my chains, my coat, and anything else that she could pull on before tying my hair up into a ponytail.

"I been waiting on this since day 1." I heard Celie say behind me.

"Me too, bitch." Alani said. Narita walked in with my mother and Roddy on her tail.

"What's going on?" My mom asked looking between the four of us.

"Nevaeh?" Roddy said. "Fuck is you doing here?"

"You know her?" I turned around my face scrunched up.

"Know me? Of course he knows me. This is my man." She said walking past me to rest her arm over his shoulders. Lord knows I wanted to beat her ass badly. Why does my life have to be like Love and Hip Hop, Jesus?

"Ex." He pushed her off him roughly causing Celie and Alani to laugh behind the register.

"She really been playing us this entire time. This crazy as hell, I should call Ricky to beat that a-" I was cut off by the sound of glass shattering. I grabbed my mother's hand pulling her over to the sofa and we ducked behind it as shots rang off throughout the building.

"Everybody okay?" Roddy called out once it stopped. "Y'all stay down, I'll go see what's going on." I heard him pull his gun out and his shoes crunching against the glass on the floor. A few seconds later he came back letting us all know it was clear. I stood from behind the sofa looking around at my shop. I wanted to cry, but my blood was boiling too bad. Wait til I get my hands on that bitch.

"Nevaeh is gone." Celie said coming back into the front.

"I figured. You guys can go home, I'll call y'all and give y'all an update. Mommy get Rita outta here please." I spoke pinching the bridge of my nose between my fingers. Everybody began moving and I opened my eyes just as Alani fell to the side hitting the floor.

"Shit." Roddy cursed, running over to her side. I followed him seeing the blood pouring from her temple.

"We gotta get her to the hospital. Celie, lock up and meet us there." I said helping Roddy pick her up. We took her out to the car and carefully slid her in the backseat. I got in laying her head on my lap. "It's okay baby, you're okay." I said stroking her hair.

"My babies. Where are my babies?" She mumbled.

"They're safe, Lani. We gotta get you to the hospital." I said as her eyes began to close. "No, keep your eyes open, Lani. Look at me." I shook her face in my hands. "Rodrick, hurry up!"

"I'm trying!" He said as he pushed down on the gas. I kept the rag over the wound applying as much pressure as I could. 3 minutes later we pulled up to the hospital. Roddy ran inside while I stayed in the car with Alani. Seconds later they ran out with a stretcher carefully placing Lani on it and wheeling her into the back. Roddy hopped back into the car, parking it and we both got out rushing over to the building. I sat down in the waiting area, my hands shaking. Pulling out my phone, I saw all the missed calls from Ry, Lee, Reese, my daddy, Marc, and Lauren.